View Single Post
Old 3 Apr 19, 06:05 PM  
Link to this Post
debojahh
VIP Dibber

Day 3-Friday 19th October

This morning I woke up at the more respectable time of 6:30. Jumped in the shower and dried my hair. I usually leave it to dry naturally but due to the chilly weather I opted for the hairdryer!

We left the room at 7:30 and went in hunt of breakfast which took us a bit of uhhmming and ahhing. We decided on Starbucks and ate in.

From here went over to Old Navy where Arron ended up with a Bartman t shirt.

We followed Google maps toward the Empire State Building and in the Garment District we came across these sweet art installations. Arron photograghed all of them .

I only put up a few on here though...

It was a really bright and sunny morning which was ideal for what we had planned!

We walked right upto ESB and straight in to use our Explorer passes, I had read that it gets busy in here but it must've been a quiet day as we showed our passes and were straight in around 9am.

We had a look around the downstairs area the model and different photos etc.

From here you head right to the lifts which take you upto the 80th Floor to begin with.

Once we arrived on Floor 80 they explained that you can go up again to floor 86 for views outside.

It was lovely and warm on this floor as it was quite a suntrap so we stayed down here soaking in the view for a little while and looked in the shop too.

On the 86th Floor it was 100% very windy as demonstrated below. Even though it was windy the cold was nowhere near as bad as Liberty island!
The sky was cloudless and visibility was great so we took lots of photos and loved that we could see far and wide.

Back down at ground level we left just before 10am.

We walked over to Macys and realised they were about to open so we queued in the foyer and were let in along with a crowd of others.

There was a welcome show all the staff were clapping and singing on either side of the entrance aisle. It was so bizarre.

We just kind of wandered around having a look at what was on all the different floors.

We found the wooden escalators which I think are so quirky/kitsch!

We were trying to fine the toilets which was going very badly...as instead we found ourselves in the Christmas area.

Honestly this area was so cool, themed sections and different coloured decor put together. So nice.

The only other thing we wanted to tick off in here was the Big piano. Helpfully we stumbled across the toilets here too.

The piano was fun just to see!

We left Macys and had a little look around some shops including Uniqlo and Zumiez, we found some cool stuff in both but neither of us needed to grab anything.

We also found the Amazon book shop and spent a little while in there. Just found the idea strange for an online retailer to have a physical store?!?!?!

At this point we walked up 34th & Madison to the Morgan library, they had a Frankenstein exhibition on which didn't mention prices online.

It was $20 each and we weren't sure of the size of the exhibit area so decided to carry on with our day instead.

We walked from here directly to Grand Central as it was quite a short walk.
Such a beautiful building.

debojahh is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List