View Single Post
Old 13 Sep 21, 07:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Hoops65
Gone all Goofy

Recent changes, anyone not going to Disney next time

Being from the UK its been a while since we were able to visit Disney and we always loved it there but following recent changes/announcements I think a lot of the magic has gone. We always joked that Disney was taking money from you with a smile but now appears the smile has gone.

To name just a few

lack of theming for hotel rooms now just IKEA with a character photos
new barges blocking view at Epcot
Innoventions loop gone
Massive increase in prices
Disney Genie
Lot of the new rides just do not appeal anymore with the exception of ROTR

We are supposed to be going there for 4 weeks next year (was 4 weeks last year then this). We had 3 weeks Disney passes booked which are now cancelled and can only purchase 2 week tickets whereas we would have been in the parks spending money for a few days in those additional week

We are now seriously discusing maybe get another 14 days universal/Seaword passes and spend the rest of the time visiting things we would not have done normally and going further afield

Basically it simply doesnt seem to be the same and I would rather remember as it was rather than spend 1000's at Disney and be left disappointed

Anyone else of similar thoughts ?

*Apologies just realised its similar to the Genie Plus enough to make you cancel thread

Edited at 07:03 PM.
Hoops65 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List