View Single Post
Old 18 May 19, 12:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Elodie
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Toria_dee View Post
We didn’t tell our kids the first time we went to DLP, we drove from Eurotunnel to DLP, checked in at DCR and drive round to the parking area of the parks before our eldest noticed

He saw space mountain from the car park and shout we’re at DLP! I asked how he knew and he pointed to SM and said I saw that on the book in the shop last week. He flicked through the DLP brochure while we were in the TA getting euros

Second and third times we did a Xmas day reveal with treasure hunt, but it was only a few weeks to go.

They knew and were involved in our WDW planning, but for 2020 we’ve chosen not to tell them.

Largely because the last 2 trips (2018 & 2019) have had to be cancelled (2018 because I was unwell in hospital with a bleed on the brain & this years, we were leaving on 21 May, because my dad had a stroke and my mum is disabled so we are needed to provide more support) and telling them was awful.

They know we’re planning 2021 and have a countdown up for that so if they hear H and I talking about Florida they assume it’s that.

We’ve decided it will be fun to see how long it takes them to realise

We fly out from Manchester (live in Scotland) on Father’s Day so I’m going to tell the kids we’re taking H to Manchester to do an Old Trafford tour for his father’s day gift.

xx
Oh, your reveals sound magical! I was thinking of telling ours sooner, but now you’ve got me thinking how lovely it would be to do a last minute reveal like yours! I’m so sorry you had to cancel twice though, and I hope WDW in 2020 is perfect for you.

Having said that, I think it really is the idea of just driving up to DLP that appeals - obviously ours would know what was up as soon as we got to the tunnel, after 3 trips already, but I think that would still be ace! Maybe I will just save the last minute reveal for DLP.

Ours are pretty much the same as yours at the moment - we can safely talk about WDW because they think we’re going in 2021. Just need to make my mind up on when to tell them it’s actually going to be 2020. Plenty of time yet though, I think telling them now would be way too soon, so it will be Christmas at the earliest.
WDW Nov 1988/DLP Cheyenne Aug 2016/DLPDLHDec 2017/DLP Santa Fe May-Jun 2018/Magic at Sea cruise Jul-Aug 2021/WDW & 2 Wish cruises Aug-Sep 2023/DLP Newport Bay Compass Club Aug 2024/Fantasy’s first ever cruise from the UK Jul-Aug 2025

Edited at 12:33 PM.
Elodie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List