View Single Post
Old 13 Apr 22, 11:28 PM  
Link to this Post
buryboy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by BevS97 View Post
In the school where I work we have teaching assistants with no qualifications right through to teaching assistants with specific HLTA qualifications or other degrees. There seem to be many routes in to being a TA.

I thought you needed to have done some volunteer work in a school to get onto a teaching course but I guess with Covid that’s been more difficult this past few years.

Time in a school will give her the chance to see if it’s the environment for her or not. And a better idea of what sort of role she’d like in that environment. She could work as a TA for a few years and then decide actually she’d like to qualify as a teacher.
Thanks
There has never been any suggestion she needed to have volunteered in a school before .
I wish now she had tried to do this recently off her own back in the last few months

We have been saying for the last couple of months - just get to the placement and see how it goes . That’s more ‘ real life ‘ than a uni course .
But she does seem to have hit a bit of a wall
- trying to do her current assignment
- having to do 2 more years with assignments in when every one stresses her out ( I guess as time goes on it is more placement and less assignment )
- the anxiety of what actually working in a school is like and if she can deal with it
- the worries her autism assessment and bone density scan are bringing
Our MOST ANNOYING trip to Tenerife February 2018 ( an homage to infamous dibb threads
buryboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List