View Single Post
Old 13 Apr 22, 11:40 PM  
Link to this Post
buryboy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by vanlou View Post
Sometimes you just have to advise the options and then let your child make the decision, whether you agree with that decision or not. My eldest had a wobble as soon as she moved to uni (before she had even started her uni course). Youngest had a wobble 1/2 way through her 1st year. In both cases we just said what we thought but abided by their decisions. Eldest came home, youngest stuck with it. For both of them, in the long run, they made the right decisions, even if I secretly did not agree with eldest leaving initially .
With eldest, we were told as long as she hadn’t received the loan we could cancel it. So for maintenance loan you should be able to stop the 3rd instalment, however not sure if all the tuition fee is paid up front, so that may be repayable in full.
Good luck x
Thanks . Reading ucas it definitely appears the tuition fee is paid term by term . Just the timing and value of each I am not 100% sure on but appears we aren’t passed the cutoff for third term YET.

The other issue is that DD just can’t make decisions . That’s not being harsh , that’s just the way it is and has been for a number of years . Her anxiety / eating disorder problems relate partly to not wanting to grow up and hence she really struggles to make ‘ grown up ‘ decisions.

I would be hoppy for my son to make his own decisions and live / die with them - I just feel my daughter isn’t that able to do that - I wish she could !
Our MOST ANNOYING trip to Tenerife February 2018 ( an homage to infamous dibb threads
buryboy is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List