View Single Post
Old 5 Jul 22, 07:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Gelatoni
Imagineer

Originally Posted by YorkshireT View Post
It would be usual to have name and address on any similar types of contract. Both parties. It would be unusual in such a contractual relationship not to list name and address on the contract. It’s standard contractual principles.
I have my own contracts, covering everything reasonably foreseeable so both sides know where they stand.
Frankly as a renter I would never rent from anyone where I didn’t know their address and they were for some reason not wanting to give it. Who would I go after if they tried to rip me off? How do I check them out with pre contractual due diligence? There is a way but many may not know (see below).
Just an email and phone number is very risky from a renters point of view.
In any event any renter can put the name of any owner into the comptroller website and see the deed with their then address on it anyway. Something else I would always recommend a renter does as part of the due diligence checks.
Same here. I draw up an agreement which contains full names and addresses of both parties (including myself) and spell out liabilities and terms. It creates an element of trust for both the renter and the owner. Also use email and Whatsapp. But I understand everyone is different, that's just how I prefer to deal with it.

Generally they are non-refundable because of the difficulty in renting at short notice. But hopefully the OP can get in touch with the owner so at least they know they can see if there are options.
Gelatoni is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List