View Single Post
Old 19 Aug 16, 02:16 PM  
Link to this Post
KJayT
Proud to wear my Ears

I was really disheartened last weekend at Universal - I'm probably a little bigger than I was when I last came (4 years ago), in that now I'm a 22 (24 in a couple of shops) and back then I was a 20 (22 in a couple of shops), but not a massive difference really.

We had my nephew try the test seats outside Forbidden Journey as he's funny about restraints (he didn't like it as it turns out) and the staff member asked me to try the test seat (I've never got the test seat to 'fit' and I rode this last time I visited no problem). Needless to say, I couldn't get the restraint down far enough and was met with, "I'm sorry, we're not going to be able to accommodate you today Hun". I dare say I may well have fit if I'd have tried, but to be honest I didn't want to risk embarrassment at the ride load platform (and someone needed to stay off with the nephew not riding - we had originally planned to child-swap).

Then I didn't fit the seats for Dragon Challenge or Hulk - again, I may well have fit if I'd have tried to actually ride, but didn't want the embarrassment. I fit in both of these in the regular seat four years ago (as opposed to the larger seats). Either I've got a lot bigger than I thought (although my clothes wouldn't indicate that) or...I'm not sure?

To be fair, I have a large bust, which undoubtedly doesn't help either as I'm fighting the restraint in two places (to be blunt!) and I saw a woman with similar sized hips/stomach to me, but a smaller bust, come off Forbidden Journey.

I guess I was just disappointed, mostly in myself I think. Guess I'll just have to loose weight and go back again! 😉
KJayT is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List