Thread: TSA Precheck?
View Single Post
Old 2 Dec 17, 01:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Ridersmom
Imagineer

You do not have to have precheck for the entire family unless you are joined by the hip and cannot separate. Precheck has special security lanes that do not require you remove shoes and also you can keep electronics in bags. In the US you can apply for this. I frequently fly from Logan in Boston and the precheck line is often longer (sometimes much longer) than the regular line. In Houston Hobby, I find it often is slightly shorter.

In theory, it should save time. IN reality sometimes it does, others not so much. I like keeping my shoes on and not having to empty my laptop from my bag. It's $85.00 for Americans and approval is for 5 years, so if you fly regularly a few dollars per flight. Some airlines also offer precheck based on the seat you book.

Whether you can easily find the line depends on the airport. It is also not required and my local airport (MHT -the other Manchester) often does not have a dedicated line open.
Ridersmom is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List