Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by a11mark View Post
news on alot of sites today is that the New Theater Inspired By Kansas City’s Willis Wood Theater has been cancelled. its no longer on WDW coming soon pages. Its kinda old news sometime ago the area that was cleared for this, had been refilled/re-used with operation vehicles again, it seemed back then that they were abandoned it, the question is why...
I'd heard the idea was that they were thinking of using the money on something that would be more appealing to guests. I'm guessing this new theatre didn't get as much interest as other announcements made.

Of course, the other thought is that Disney just wants to save some money. It's not like Magic Kingdom needs to attract more people - although a large theatre would've swallowed up large numbers of guests and might have helped with the crowds.

Assuming it has been cancelled, I suspect we'll never know the real reason. It'll all be rumour and conjecture. It is surprising though considering they officially announced it and even started work on it.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List