View Single Post
Old 5 May 19, 01:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Caroian
Imagineer

I echo the above really.

2 days is not a lot to do both parks, but it depends a bit on how thoroughly you want to do them. A number of the rides are similar to or the same as those in other Disney Parks across the world, so if you are happy to miss these out and focus on what is different and soaking up the different atmosphere, then you could certainly do a lot of that in 2 days. DisneySea is very different to any other Disney park, whereas DisneyLand is very similar to the MK and so with limited time I would prioritise DisneySea. (And if your time in Japan is limited, then I would prioritise more of Japan over extra days at Disney, if that makes sense!) We did a full day in each park plus a day across both and a final hour and half on our last morning. This was at a busy time of year and seemed to be plenty.

The Disney hotels are popular and book up quickly. We booked to stay 3 nights at The Ambassador Hotel and secured it by booking online in the middle of the night UK time when the rooms were released. They are available 5 months in advance (unless things have changed). They do also offer vacation packages, which allows you to book your room further in advance - 6 months I think - but we didn't find these to be good value for money vs booking room only and buying tickets separately. We bought our park tickets when we checked in to the hotel - advance tickets are not a big thing for Tokyo Disney. As stated above, with standard multi day tickets you need to specify a park for each of the first two days and then can park hop from the third day. I believe that you can pay more to park hop from day one though.

Staying in a hotel gets you "Happy 15" entry, which allows you in to the park 15 minutes ahead of guests not staying in a Disney hotel - there is a dedicated entrance queue for this and the queue gets big quickly, so you need to arrive early to be near the front and maximise the value of the 15 minutes - which is effectively just to beat the rush to be at the front of the queues for popular rides.

Fast passes are the old style paper passes where you insert your tickets in to the machine and get a return time. If you get a late return time then you will usually be able to get another fastpass 2 hours after that one was issued.

I can't help with weather as we went in April. It was very busy when we were there as Japanese schools were on a break. Despite this we still secured plenty of fast passes - we did not come across anything that had run out. Evenings were quieter too, as locals seem to get there early and go home early.

Have fun planning your trip - I can't wait for the chance to go back to Japan as we really loved it!
Caroian is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List