View Single Post
Old 9 Feb 12, 06:30 PM  
Link to this Post
alkel2730
Imagineer

Hi ya,

Just a quickie to answer any questions I spotted in the last batch of updates. I'm off out in a sec (to my parents to pick up my Ocado delivery- dont ask! ) and had a pretty rotten day at work today so I'm drained (was my last day).

Em - You are always going to be limited in breakfast choices due to time and variety but obviously eggs on toast are good,if you like kippers and that kind of thing they are good too. Wholegrain plain cereal with added nuts like shredded wheat and raw nuts are good, light/low fat cream cheese/quark on toast, peanut butter on toast (unsalted) even protien shake and oats -Alex has chocolate protien shake with water and oats warmed in the microwave! Sounds gross but its actually quite nice. I'll have a think about other stuff but any combo of good complex carbs- wholegrain seeed toast/same in bagles/same in rolls or good whole grain cereal or oats with any low fat cheeses, fish, meat, nuts or eggs are goignto be quite good.

On a side note the Goodies bars were yummy! The apple and raspberry one had a coconut taste to them and I checked the ingredient against Frutitus bars and they are the same but less calories and has the coconut. Yum! Deffo reccomend them! They are technically for kids - and found down the baby aisle in Sainsburys - but have the smae ingredient as they adult equiv.

Yeah, me and Alex can still have breaks together and I can go down and see him and visa versa but it wont be the same and wont be as often obviously. I really am dreading this new job. My friend was crying today about it all and she nearly tipped me over the edge, I had to fight back tears, its a big move and made worse by the fact that the office did a presentation to us and gave us cards and had even wrote a poem which was silly and emotional and we then had a steady stream of people coming over as I was clearing out my desk. Was a very emotional day.

Green tea is very good for you, I have that and I also have an organic tea by Pukka called 'morning tea' which has natural caffeine free energy boosters in, which I drink all day to give me a boost.

Haha, you can eat beetroot raw so I dunno about the poision, maybe it gives something off during cooking? I've been okay thus far though (touch wood! ).

Oo Quorn is a funny one! On the one hand its high in protien, fibre and low in saturated fats but on the other hand its probably as far removed from natural food as you can probably get with every part of it being chemically produced in a lab. For that reason I dont eat it and just buy white lean mince instead like turkey, or pork, but in terms of 'diet food' its certainly better than a burger and lower in cals than beef mince. Its had a lot of controvery over the years has Quorn, it was banned in the US for a while as it had some links to severe stomach problems and cancer problems but they were dispelled or the make up of it was chaned, I'm not sure. I did a quick Google search and this aticle is quite interesting, especially the email exchange at the bottom as opposed to the actual artice as its obviously swayed one way but the emails are between the owner of Quorn and the author which I found quite inconclusive TBH, but it might help you decide as it lays out the issues:

drbriffa/2008/04/18/w...ood-after-all/

Like I say though I ony don't eat it because its completeley processed not becasue I'm swayed by articles like that, so I guess it depends how natural you want to keep your diet.

The furbabies are fine thanks, only trouble is having 4 I dont know which monkey it was! I keep eyeing them all suspiciously

Thank you again for all your well wishes with Alex and us and our plans, its quite exciting and nice to share with peeps who are actually interested!

Good to hear you are aching and I hope you get to a LM class soon! I'm keen to know what you all think.

Kim - welcome back and WELL DONE on your loss! you little start you!
You souund to have been super busy with wedding stuff!
Oh dont worry about not picking up on my job changes, as I can see you've been busy. Yes my team ahs been disbanded, my work moved to Cumbernauld where theyve recurited more staff to do our work (yeah made no sense to me either). My team of 6 have been scattered amonst new teams and I've been moved to our complaints department which is on the top floor of our building and of which I knwo exactly zero of the people on it. Not my idea of fun listening to people complaining all the time but hey ho. I start Monday and am dreading it. I also cant work from home anymore so my petrol costs will go up.

Cant wait to see what you think to Bodypump! Best advice I can give is go with the lowest weights the first time and if you dont ache then up them next time. Its a fab workout, tell me how you find it!

Okay, I really do have to go. See you later chatterboxes (new thread).
2012 - Sept The 'anniversary trip' SSR. - 2013 - October the bonus trip to POR
2015 - 20th trip!September WLV first trip with DD!
2017 - Sept Poly first trip with two toddlers!
2018 - May AKV & POR the last before school trip.
2019 - May SSR & Kidani
2022 - April Poly, SSR, WLV
2023 - POFQ & AKL
alkel2730 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List