View Single Post
Old 12 Oct 19, 07:25 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Originally Posted by Ellelledee View Post
The thing is I hate going to the docs anyway and I have had at times where I’ll feel a sudden pricking sensation n then it swells and there is a bruise at the joint. I asked a chemist who said better to see a doctor but when I asked my doctor he had no idea.
The lump on my thumb - it’s just on the thumb joint, it’s just odd shaped. It’s never been overly sore and this one on this finger it was sore on holiday but more like the skin was sore like when you get a paper cut that’s why I thought it was a bite.
I just looked at gout and it said re red meat and alcohol and sugary things but I don’t eat any red meat at all, I don’t drink and I’m not a fan of sugary foods or snacks so what would’ve made it flare up on holiday? I wondered re vanilla latte - I had 1 every day in the hotel Starbucks but I have 1 a day of the ready made ones at home.
I don't drink either really,red peppers and tomatoes seem to set me off with gout flare ups strangely enough,people tend to think you're a drinker which just isn't true, I know some pretty clean eating super fit people on gout forums who are still cursed with gout.I do hope you don't have it though.Blood tests will tell you .
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List