View Single Post
Old 1 Jan 15, 04:23 PM  
Link to this Post
WileyCoyote
I am not a shopaholic

By now though, we are both undeniably cold – my back is starting to really niggle me with the standing ( and probably the bag carrying) and Andy’s legs are freezing ( he is still in shorts of course).

Undeterred we set off down Main Street to get a spot for the second parade – not thinking that the closer we got to the entrance, the later the parade would reach us – so whilst I was thinking it would be coming along in half an hour or so, it was more like an hour till we saw the first float.

People are leaving , but its still busy. There are people sat on the pavements but we get a second row spot which has a pretty good view and is a near a shop so Andy keeps disappearing to have a quick defrost every now and again.

I know its not real snow, but the effect just made us feel even colder !

We were both trying really hard to feel the magic but my back was killing me and Andy was so cold, it just didn’t feel a lot of fun – it was a long hour

Finally at 1045 the moments we had waited for

Real time pic

The much better official photopass pic !

Real time pic ..

Much better photopass pic !

Just a final few ….

Very fitting to finish with Frozen – because that exactly what we were !

I found it hard to take pics and enjoy the parade but Andy did video quite a lot of it and its really good so I am pleased we have got that

The parade was good, so many different aspects to it and I am glad we stayed , its just such a shame we were almost desperate for it to finish so we could leave.

We decided that we had done enough and to stay any longer would just ruin the evening so we said our goodbyes to Chris and Rebecca – who being more sensibly dressed were carrying on a little longer.

We made our way out at 1115. It was very busy but amazingly we walked straight onto the monorail and found the car quite quickly – result !

Heater was set to a nuclear 85 degrees and we were soon defrosting.

I think at the time we felt quite underwhelmed by the whole experience and I had it as one of my lows when I first returned but looking back , I think it was better than I realised and that the cold definitely affected how we felt about it as we drove away. I am glad we went, but I wouldn’t rush back.

We get home just after midnight and put the shopping to bed

Andy was very pleased with his haul as you can see

We dropped into bed , tired, cold and a bit befuddled with it all I think
Bring on the

The next day is HERE

Edited at 04:01 PM.
WileyCoyote is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List