View Single Post
Old 13 Sep 15, 04:20 PM  
Link to this Post
WileyCoyote
I am not a shopaholic

Finally , onto our last flight after a 30 minute delay while they wait for the catering cart and also fill up the last seats. There was a humungous standby queue for seats no doubt caused by other delays There is no denying that we are all very very tired and doing incredibly well to still be civil to each other.

It is a very short flight and some great views of Orlando as we arrive.

Finally. We are here.

We land at 1023. I am so tired I don’t even take any pics in the airport.

AND We didn’t pay attention to the baggage reclaim message.

We agreed we would get the bags and Andy would go straight to get the car and we would meet at the Alamo garage.

Simples.

The last he saw of us we were heading to baggage reclaim A and he was just ahead of us.

But Delta bags don’t come off at A – they come off at B

So we trog all the way over to B and our bags are coming off as we arrive.

This is a result.

We pass the Alamo desk and no sign of Andy – hurrah – he must have the car and we will be off soon.

There is no sign of him here. Oh.

I walk round and round.

We wonder if he is driving round to meet us.

We have no phone.

It is hot.

We are tired.

A full on meltdown is immiment.

I go back in and ask the Alamo guy if he remembers anyone fitting Andy’s description.

And he says no

I might cry

And then he hits me with it ...

“ so you know we have garages at both terminals right?”

Doh – of course, Andy saw us heading to Terminal A so he must have gone to the rental desk there. That had completely escaped us when we picked up the bags at 1130pm

So back with our bags . I did get a bit stroppy as I suggested the boys waited while I ran back as I didn’t want to hoof the cases all the way there and find it was a duff idea so I got a bit miffed when they wanted to haul them along with us.

They were right – we had to go that way anyway. I was just so tired and cross with myself that I wasn’t thinking straight.

Anyway, up the escalator, across the airport, down the lift, past the rental desks and into the garage and there he is waiting for us.

And he is very pleased with his choice of car and all excited and we all look like we just walked from Atlanta – bedraggled and knackered and frankly we would have got in a wheelbarrow at that point.

So we both relayed the “ well I was in the right place” story and fortunately saw the funny side.

Andy is so chuffed with is car that he keeps telling us about this and that but we are all drifting off and he is a bit put out about our lack of enthusiasm.

Its around midnight as we reach the condo – the directions and instructions were perfect and we got in with no fuss. Thank goodness. I was having that panic about the keycode and all that.

First impressions are that this looks just perfect for us . More exploration will have to wait till tomorrow but here is the condo.

Our room

Our bathroom

Connor’s room

Jamie’s room ( it’s a double on the bottom)

I seem to have missed a pic of their bathroom – it was in between their rooms

Our storage

There was a travel cot, stroller and high chair in here as well as the ironing board. We stored our cases and bags in here – it was great, loads of room .

Living area

We dropped in to bed almost exactly 24 hours after setting off from the Travelodge.

We had made it.

It was an incredibly long day.

We coped really well.

I wouldn’t rush to do the 2 stops again but hey, it meant we got here and that was just the biggest bonus of all.

We were all totally knackered and sank into the very comfy beds grateful and pleased to be here.

The next day is here

Edited at 09:16 AM.
WileyCoyote is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List