View Single Post
Old 17 Sep 15, 09:11 PM  
Link to this Post
WileyCoyote
I am not a shopaholic

Thrillin,'Chillin'& My Feet Are Killin' Day 2: Walmart ,Wine and Wings-what more could you want?

Day 2: Thursday 19 August

Travel day is here

Ah this bed its super comfy – we do like a comfy bed

And of course being soooooo tired , we slept like the proverbial logs until mid morning.

Oh come on, as if, first morning in Orlando

We did in fact sleep well.

It was spells of really deep sleep – waking around 3.30 ( I think just to check it wasn’t a dream) and then again at 6.30 , dozing until just after 7 at which time I declared I was just too excited to go back to sleep.

So we didn’t feel too bad at all and were hopeful we would click straight into Orlando time.

Absolute First priority is to find the WESH channel.

And those adverts

Drugs that might kill you while making you better ( uh huh)

Car salesmen with dogs which clearly means they are more trustworthy ( uh huh)

And

Attorneys-at-law ( is there another type of Attorney-Not-at law then?).

Oh its trash tv at its best and its blimmin great.

Benefit of travelling light - the unpacking was done in about half an hour with the boys clothes left outside their doors as they were still fast asleep and unlikely to rise before Sleeping Beauty herself

By now there is glorious sunshine so we decide to nip to Walmart and do the shop while the boys are asleep.

We leave them a note ( yeah, as if they are actually going to get up and read that) and step out into that fantastic wall of heat .

Glorious

I now suitably admire the ve-hick-cull from last night.

Remember, when it was just the two of us on the last trip Andy went for a nice small number

Yes he picked a mini van – for two of us.

So this time there are four of us and four cases – so its got to be the size of a Hummer right?

Or at least the length of a Disney bendy bus?

Or maybe not

Yes, that’s right , a completely practical Dodge Charger.

We just looked at him last night – he had been so pleased, he said it was the last one there.

Yes that’s because no one else could get their jeffing cases in it
I am unkind, we did get the cases in – the front seat – on the way home.

It did take the 3 cases in the boot – but mainly as one was a squishy holdall.

Anyway, Andy is v v v pleased with the car and all its fancy dancy things. And he absolutely will not be tempted to go fast in it , ever , ever ever. Cos hey , its not the car the Sheriffs use to chase people at all is it ?

So for the car fans, a few more shots

It was lovely and quiet at Walmart and I immediately started to fill up total tat – here is the first few aisle’s worth

Hmmmm, that looks a bit feeble doesnt it ? Rest assured it was way more unhealthy and OTT by the time we finished and added the obligatory honeybuns and Krispy Kremes – hey, root canals in a box !

Oh and the large bottles of wine and boxes of beers – who put those in there ?

I always feel self conscious with the camera in the supermarket so I didn’t get any more pics – is it weird you want pics of the cake section ?

We bought a tracfone and the lady set it up for us.

Yes Of course I checked it did international dialling.

It did.

So we paid our $42 ( around $10 for the phone and $25 for the pre paid card)

As we discovered a few days later international dialling on this model DOES NOT include to UK mobiles.

So we could call the phone from our own, but it couldn’t call back.

Or text.

So not much use at all then really in terms of keeping in touch then.

We kept saying we would go back to get another one so we would have a talking pair but never did – but we will next time.

So that was a bit frustrating – why we didn’t just get a pair to start with I don’t know. Must be holiday head logic.

We finished browsing having successfully avoided any Walmartian episodes and had managed to spend $143. Wonder how long all that lot will last.

We were both getting a bit peckish and had realised that if we wanted to pick up the tickets from the Orlando Attractions office then we needed to get moving as it closed at 1130.

Traffic.

Lots of it.

Tedious.

Almost like being at home.

So 1130 came and went and we reckoned we had missed the closing time but decided to carry on anyway to see where the office was and hurrah– still open so 10 minutes later we had our tickets in our mitts and on the way back to the condo.

Connor is awake and the lure of locusting on the newly unpacked shopping soon tempted the other one out of his pit too.

They do like a good graze through the cupboards when it first arrives home.

We ventured out for what has now become our first meal tradition of Perkins

By now it was lunchtime so there was a split vote on brekky vs lunch

I had classic Eggs with sausage patties

Andy had Big Country Smash - basically served on those tater tots and topped with eggs - Diced ham, pork sausage and applewood smoked bacon topped with country gravy and American cheese.

The boys both had chicken tender sandwiches and fries - minus the ranch dressing

With coffees ( the coffee here is lovely) and cokes.

We had a sign up voucher for 20% off so the bill came to $42 - and we left $50 to include the tip.

There was a micro burst of rain around 1230 – one that left the steam rising off the pavements afterwards. Ah its so good to be here !

I did drool over the pies before we left -

Look at these cinnamon buns – is that amount of frosting even legal !

Edited at 09:15 AM.
WileyCoyote is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List