View Single Post
Old 20 Sep 15, 12:51 PM  
Link to this Post
WileyCoyote
I am not a shopaholic

Thrillin',Chillin',Feet are Killin' Day 3:Bargain Buys, Loaded Fries, Seaworld Highs

Day 3: Friday 21 August

The day before is here

My notes say this is Day 2 – because I don’t really count travel day – and I think this messes with my head at the end of the holiday as only had 12 days on the ground in Orlando and I seemed to be counting down to hometime way too early in the hols !

In my tired state last night I didn’t finish my notes – it was only the following day I remembered the really key advice for Buffalo Wild Wings

The Wings are Wild

As in Hot

As in if you have the teensiest bit still on your hands and you rub your eyes they WILL water

So just thank heavens you rubbed your eyes and hadn’t made a bathroom break instead

Yes folks, you have been warned .

Poor Andy had bit of a sore eye for a little while. But soon recovered.

Anyhow, on to the day in hand ( see the appendage link there, nice)

I woke at 4.30 , feeling ok after about 8 hours straight sleep. By 5 am Andy was also awake and we had given up any notion of getting back to sleep so it was coffe and honeybuns in bed with good old Wesh

If only every morning was like this.

Kevin and Perry surface from their pits at 0800. We are out the door at 0820.

And that’s when we realise its like commuting.

There is traffic everywhere

What the ….. You are on holiday, have a lie in you crazy people.

Oh, yeah, its Orlando, maybe not then.

In fairness , even though there was a lot of traffic and jeez how many sets of lights are there on the 192 ? , we did move at a fair pace with a bit of lane DODGE – ing ( see how I did that) and we are pulling up at Seaworld at 0840.

Once we have paid our parking ( which I think is $17) Andy drops me off to sort the tix while he goes to park and of course we get the very end of the row about as far from the park entrance as possible – but its not really that busy.

I discover the paper tix don’t need to be exchanged so I just wait at the turnstiles for them to arrive and we are all through by 0850.

The boys go on ahead to be near the front at rope drop and will head straight on to Manta. We have agreed to meet up with them at 1130.

Whilst waiting we sit and do some people watching.

It is insanely hot already

So the family in jeans, leggings and dark tops are going to be very hot.

Red faced Angry Dad is going to spontaneously combust if he carries on and he hasn’t even really set foot in the park yet.

And the lady in the oh-so-glam-but –utterly-impractical high heeled sandals – your feet are gonna be killin ya later babe.

But hey who am I to talk with the digit cripplers I have been wearing ..

Happily I am back in the comfy shoes today which is good , as its now 9 and we are off.

At a slow mooch towards the dolphins

Via the stingrays

I cant do that whole touching them business

They freak me out

Well Nature generally freaks me out

I am like Melman – that nature, its all over me , get it off.

I like to SEE it, I don’t need to TOUCH it

But its cool here and the rays are very happy to flap their way past everyone and its nice as hardly anyone is here this early in the day.

On then to the dolphins

They are cute

And playful

But as I said to Andy, maybe they are just the ultimate show offs - I wonder what the other fish make of all that leaping and frolicking malarkey

He laughed out loud when I said that and said I am just becoming a grumpy old woman

Whatever can he mean

Back to the Dolphins

It is quiet here ( feeding time hasn’t started yet) so we spend some time here listening to the lady talking about the dolphins and she is encouraging people to put their hands out to touch the Dolphins as they pass – but ideally not hanging your child over the water

It is lovely standing here in the blazing sunshine

We take a stroll uptowards Atlantis , pondering whether the boys are on this yet.

Its lovely in this area

We take a walk over to the Penguin ride

Look who we found in the queue

They had been on the second load of Manta and had come over here as Kraken doesn’t open till 10 and they didn’t fancy getting wet on Atlantis.

When we split into the Wild and mild lines they got called ahead of us as a party of 2 so they didn’t have any further parental embarrassment to endure.

It was nice to see them laughing though

We opted for the Wild ride too – it was actually more spinny than I realised and the guy loading the cars was very very witty making lots of snow and cold related jokes ( its snow joke out there folks etc)

It was good fun, better than I think we recalled from last time.

And then you come out into the real penguin area.

Man they do hum

And its cold

Penguins everywhere and not a bleddy chocolate bar in sight

Edited at 07:33 PM.
WileyCoyote is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List