View Single Post
Old 20 Sep 15, 12:51 PM  
Link to this Post
WileyCoyote
I am not a shopaholic

A quick trip up I Drive to Friendlys

It was quiet and very welcoming.

I had a delicious strawberry milkshake which for some odd reason is called a Fribble. I do not know why !

The boys had the chicken Honey BBQ melt sandwich with loaded fries.
The lack of description that the loaded fries were topped with sour cream caused some initial consternation but once it had been forensically removed by me, they happily tucked in.

And they declared this overall best lunch of the holiday

Portion sizes are not for the faint hearted

I had the Honey BBQ burger with plain waffle fries. Nom nom. And of course I had the sour cream to dip my fries into because they just were not enough calories on my plate already

You will note the photobombing fork that appears intermittently in the food photos. Andy's food envy meant he was keen to sample everyone's food in order to determine which leftovers would be suitable for later minesweeping !

Andy had fish and chips. Which he said was nice but not quite as good as our last visit.

We were totally stuffed and failed dismally on the sundae front

We had a sign up voucher for 25% off which took $13 off the bill and made it $42. We left $50 and rolled out in a carb loaded coma.

Its around 1230 now and the boys opt to go home and chill out for a bit while we do some shopping.

We drop them off – lord knows what all those mountain dews will do to them while we are gone – and turnaround for the Vineland outlets.

By now its 1.45 and busy but with some judicious shopper stalking we manage to bag a prime spot in the shade – result !

We have a good few hours here – its busy but not too bad and our impression is that its actually much cleaner and tidier than our last visit – especially the loos which are being kept incredibly tip top.

Unfortunately we just didn’t quite have our shopping heads on and Andy was really disappointed with Lacoste this time.

The prices are still very cheap compared to the UK but there weren’t the stand out bargains that we have seen on other trips.

Do not panic

This situation is rectified

Purchases were made

I splash out an enormous $10 on 6 pairs of Adidas trainer socks – as Connor then leaves a pair at Aquatica a few days later , I wish I had got more

Andy then spots some absolute bargain sweaters in Armani Exchange
$12.99 for Cashmere Crew Necks !

So he bought one in each colour – Rose, Navy,Maroon and ivory

That’s just ridiculous prices

$55 for 4 cashmere sweaters – RRP $129 EACH !

Next stop the Disney store

Disappointing

Like a jumble sale

I only purchased this hat for $19.99

We were gasping by now so I bought a tropical slushie from the Sundial refreshment station for $8

It was very nice but I was stopped in my tracks

By the most excruciating brain freeze.

Yup, ice direct to the brain at speed and in quantity

I almost cried

It gave me a searing pain in my head and eyes and I may have gone slightly crazy lady styley

How can a drink hurt so much ?

Once I got over myself we carried on – next time I will get a diet coke from the vending machine - it will be safer

It was very nice though and very welcome in the baking heat.

On our way back to the Condo we stop again at the Kissimmee clearance centre and I nab myself a couple of bargain tops

$12.99 for the jumper and $14.99 for the polo shirt – less than £10 each !

Andy got some funky socks for around $4 a pair

And some lovely shorts for $25

And I picked up this total bargain navy rain coat

RRP $119 with 70% off , a snip at $36

And its been well used in the last week !

We nipped next door to DollarTree – this is a great place to purchase small packs of washing powder ( or bottle of liquid in this case) and a small washing up liquid. Both sizes perfect for our 12 day stay – the washing liquid lasted for 8 washes , perfect , all for $1.

We pitch up at the condo around 5pm. Everyone is still stuffed from the whopping lunch at Friendlies so we just graze on the Walmart supplies.

I always feel slightly aggrieved at missing a feeding opportunity but we truly were too full to contemplate another meal out.

Andy sorted the wine bottle situation using Bear Grylls-esque improvisation skills

He found a hammer and a loose screw

So he turned the screw into the cork and then used the claw to pull the whole thing out – genius

Necessity the mother of invention and all that

Just as well , or the hammer would have been connecting with the bottle if I had my way ….

It looked as if a storm might be brewing , it got unbearably hot and sticky as sat out on the balcony entertaining ourselves with cards and a few drinks.

The storm didn’t really materialise but we had a lovely quiet evening just relaxing and it was nice chill out and chat.

Not the most exciting of evenings but to have some downtime was one of our “ must dos” on this holiday and we were keen not to keep packing things in .

Pretty early night for us all – we are off shopping again tomorrow and the boys are enjoying lots of ipad time – it seems as soon as we came away there is some big Eurpoean gaming fest on and they are keen to keep up with the their mates back at home – typical !

Spends today
$17 SeaWorld Parking
$50 Friendlys
$10 Adidas
$56 Armani Exchange jumpers
$19 Disney hat
$124 Tommy Hilfiger – tops, coat, shorts and assorted socks

** additionall pics courtesy of Google images

The next day is here

Edited at 07:29 PM.
WileyCoyote is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List