View Single Post
Old 18 Oct 15, 04:20 PM  
Link to this Post
WileyCoyote
I am not a shopaholic

We settle in the corner , availing ourselves of the fresh lemonade and various crisps and snacks and break out the cards to pass an hour or so.

Around 3 we decide to try our luck once more on the room front – we had by now decided the pool was a non starter as the clouds were building and the sky was turning that ominous colour

Shame as the pool is nice ( although far too shallow in reality for the more leggy members of the group, never an issue for my gnome sized self)

Alas the room is not ready. And we are told that there is a “problem” although what this is, remains a mystery.

But reception is full of people with cases, unusual quantities of them. ( people, not cases, or maybe both)

I don’t know why we didn’t just get our case and get changed in the shower rooms by the pool – we could easily have done so – we just had it on our heads about going to our room so camped down by reception.

4pm comes and goes – no room ready , quite peeved now and we are offered free drinks – no thanks we have paid for Club level , we get those anyway .

We only have one night here and had banked on the room being ready earlier – it’s a gamble isn’t it, but whenever we have been before its always been ready way before 4.

But not today.

They must have taken pity on us encamped on the sofas and at 4.15 they come over with our keys and some free cocktail vouchers ( such a shame, 4 vouchers, only 2 of us can drink …)

Up to our room – nice , not as big as the last time . This one overlooks the front of the hotel and is a bit smaller than the ones at the back.

Very nice though

I so need to carry one of these around with me

We all have a measure up on the rockstar height mirror

I am somewhere in between Madonna and Lady GaGa – a combo perhaps best not visualised!

We were a bit snappy at this stage – as we had chargergate to deal with.

Yes , all the 3 chaps had to do was bring their own ipad and charger .

But here we have 3 ipads, all of course about to run down, and only two chargers and much squabbling over who gets priority.

The two who packed their charges are feeling in a somewhat pole position but the one who didn’t is pulling rank , weight and everything else.

I leave them to it – completely fed up with the lot of them – they should try planning and packing for a two week holiday not just one jeffing night away !

We did all felt better after showers and heading back to the club room just after 5 for snacks.

And I have no idea how they sorted the charging nonsense out.

Back to the club room

Which gets busy very quickly and we nab a table just by the door
Snacks were Wings and mini shepherds pie bites plus cheese and salads - very nice

Washed down with some very nicely chilled rose and buds.

During our stay in here a lovely Dibber came over to say hello .

Which completely floored the chaps – who for some bizarre reason refer to me at home as WileyFiveEars ( there are eight Dibb ears in fact I believe).

Anyhow, it was lovely to meet another dibber

Just a shame I completely forgot her name – as by the end of the night I was a bit, ahem, well oiled.

But more of that later.

But if it was you, hello lovely Dibber, it was nice to meet you and I hope you enjoyed your hols !

We popped back to the room to pick up our park passes and then this happened

Lots of it

Sheeting down as my parents would say

Yeah, we said something similar

So what to do

Oh yes , free cocktails that might pass some time – so we leave the boys and take a wander here

Passing this along the way

Arriving here

The pre drinks pics are definitely the best

As I picked myself Angies Atomic Apple Pie martini

On the left

Andy picked the Candied Ginger Martini

On the right

But he couldn’t remember which was which so half way through we swopped

And anyway , how did that glass of wine get in the photo, oops.

Well what can I say, hic, they were very nice

I took some more pics

Perfectly focused, oops

I also tried to convince Andy it wasn’t raining that hard

See , its not THAT bad !

Cocktails consumed we head back up the room, via the lounge for a top up, au naturellement ..

No one really wants to go out but we have one night , we have never seen the cinemaspectacular ( now there is a Trading Standards case all in itself for misleading description) and I am jeffing determined that we will see it

Unless of course it is rained off ...

Edited at 05:34 PM.
WileyCoyote is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List