View Single Post
Old 25 Aug 16, 01:55 PM  
Link to this Post
WileyCoyote
I am not a shopaholic

Triple Treat Tour July 2016 Day 10, A Shootin' Shoppin' Steakin' kinda day

The previous day is HERE

Tuesday 12 July

The very salty Chinese meant for a broken nights sleep as we were up and down guzzling water through the night but we didn’t feel too bad when we finally surfaced at 7.

More pottering around with ironing – I am almost at the end of that massive load of laundry from last weeks travels , hurrah

We leave the villa to make our way up to the Orlando Gun Club – the traffic is just horrendous.

In fact the traffic was always horrendous and we spent far too long in the car on what used to be quite short trips.

I got really cheesed off with it by the end of the holiday .

We underestimated the travel time on quite a few days not expecting it to be bumper to bumper for miles.

Anyhoo, we arrived here at 0940 for our 1000 start

The boys were very excited – I had to go as you need two over 21’s to rent the guns here but I didn’t want to shoot.

No comment

They were booked onto the machine gun package

This was $110 each and they used AR15, MP5 and an Uzi.

Not that it means anything to me but they seemed to know what they were talking about

After filling in all the legal forms, which do kinda scare the pants off you , we waited in the lounge ( with the free hot or cold drinks on offer) and our instructor came out and did the safety briefing, dishing out the safety glasses and ear defenders.

He was excellent

We were soon in the secure room and it all got hot and noisy for a while

There are lots of photos like this

I thought it was excellent that the instructor kept his hand on their shoulders the whole time – it was very re assuring

Not the most scenic of places but they had a blast – literally

The final gun they used – well – that did scare the pants off me

I didn’t like it

the noise vibrated through you - you could feel it in your chest and the heat from the bursts was incredible

its hard to imagine what it must be like in a combat zone with these things going off all around you.

Even with the defenders it was so loud.

I actually tried to take cover behind one of those large plastic bins at one point – I know, fat lot of good a hollow plastic bin would be if things went pete tong, but I genuinely was a bit freaked out with it.

Not that accuracy was terribly high to start with

But definitely improved

Reservoir Dogs get loaded

See that , two lefties and two righties

How did we get two left handed kids when not one parent is left handed ?

After finishing up , we were given some souvenir empty shells and we looked around the scary shop seeing just what your $$$ could buy…

The chaps were buzzing and there was much technical talk which went straight over my head but from which we can safely say, they had a great time.

The experience at OGC had been excellent, the set up was really good and the instructor was superb.

I felt much happier that we had a range and instructor to ourselves and he was really informative and was great with the three teens.

Edited at 02:05 PM.
WileyCoyote is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List