View Single Post
Old 29 Aug 16, 07:09 AM  
Link to this Post
WileyCoyote
I am not a shopaholic

Originally Posted by Cha cha View Post
Enjoyed reading your TR. We came across a fair few loud people on our trip too. They seem to assume that everyone wants to hear what they've got to say & towels on sunbeds to reserve them, then not using them for hours - really annoys me too!
Anyway - sounds like a nice day at DC, apart from the little incident & scrapes.
Nice food pics too 😎
Thank you yes that family had no volume control at all. And all talked at once. They must have permanent headaches from the chatter. It was mean reserving those loungers and not using them, they were in a top spot under a parasol. It was clear by lunchtime no one was coming back so I moved the towels off. Love DC, it's just so relaxing.

Originally Posted by Jane71 View Post
We love DC. It definitely is a little bit of paradise. We have been twice both times on a Sunday and I know its limited numbers but its quite busy. We're usually the last to leave and love it when its practically empty. Think next time we'll go mid week. Although think I'll give the pina colada a miss. I never realised that mini golf was such a serious event I aways thought it was just a bit of fun
It is such a lovely place. It's so nice that it's ok to do nothing all day there if you want to ! Mini golf is a very serious competitive sport ... The loser usually has to take the heaviest case on the trip home p

Originally Posted by CuriousAlice View Post
What a lovely day. The food does seems much better than when we went too.

I had a giggle at you fumbling around the park without your specs! That could have led to some truly embarrassing moments. To be fair, it is hard to identify anyone when all visitors are wearing the same vests and wetsuits.

Those knees though. The lazy river bed is vicious. It tore my knees to shreds on our visit and they took so long to heal - I had little red marks for months afterwards to constantly remind me of our holiday and that I was back in the rainy UK. Brutal. Hope you and Jamie are fully recovered x
I miss not wearing contact lenses now, they hurt my eyes too much and with all that send ... So it's quite funny. Jamie was like " how can you not see him , he's over there waving" and I'm like, " nope, not seeing it" !

I don't understand why the surface is so rough, poor Jamie, it took ages to scab over and you can still see it now.

Originally Posted by MarionG View Post
We always enjoy Discovery Cove too. I'm not sure if you snorkel but they do prescription goggles different ones depending on how short or long sighted you are. Hubby made great use of them.
Another one here who wasn't as enamored with Applebees this time, not sure why.
And why does spending all day doing very little tire you out so much? I was shattered after our day there!
An, I didn't know they, I haven't tried the snorkelling there. Lazing around in the heat and water is just so exhausting ... It's lovely just snoozing on the loungers.

We always liked Applebee's but the last twice it's only been just ok . I think maybe our tastes have changed since finding places like BWW and NBC . Thanks for reading x
WileyCoyote is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List