View Single Post
Old 2 Sep 16, 06:16 PM  
Link to this Post
WileyCoyote
I am not a shopaholic

Finally at home, we begin to pack up in earnest for our move to Universal tomorrow and Andy clears out the fridge and has a tidy up while I take care of the cases.

With our newly acquired IFLy cases ( $79 a piece) we determine we still have some room so immediately nip out around 3pm to the Kissimmee clearance outlets for some last minute bargains

Some baby clothes for our grandson

More socks !

And at last, more trainers

And another long sleeve top at a silly $9.99

We still had one game left on the mini golf so popped out around half six – it was busy and as we soon discovered, waterlogged. It had nothing on that Ryder Cup in Wales …

We were stuck behind quite a slow family and it got interesting as it got darker with no lights and lots of water.

It remained debatable whether use of iphones was either cheating or ingenuity .. depended on how the ref felt !

I think some ball tampering was taking place here

The techniques were interesting

Particularly the “ head through the plank” ….

It was good fun, Nick went from first to last with a mighty ten ball howler on one hole and Jamie ended up winning – we have no idea how.

From here we headed to the LongHorns at Orange Lake

The bread was lovely as always

As was the cocktail

I had a Caesar salad side

Andy had garden salad with thousand island dressing

Nick had a burger

Connor had sirloin

Jamie had a steak sandwich, which defeated him

I had the filet with the lobster so Andy finally got lobster.

Andy had prime rib, a bit overcooked for him as medium well

And the bill

Lovely meal, worth the wait

My steak was the best of the holiday , Andy felt that his was a little overcooked for his taste.

Our server, Marilyn was hilarious. She kept asking us about the film Notting Hill – a bit lost on the rest of my party but it made her happy !

Back home , we started to do the laundry in readiness for leaving with all the towels we had used for the pool.

It was quite nice knowing that we were moving on to Universal tomorrow , normally its such a nightmare packing and doing the villa clearing on the last morning. This felt much more civilised !

The next day is HERE

Edited at 03:24 PM.
WileyCoyote is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List