View Single Post
Old 2 Nov 18, 03:46 PM  
Link to this Post
collybird
Imagineer

Originally Posted by wilma-bride View Post
Oh, I love the fact that you went offsite AGAIN (although am very disappointed you didn't properly push the boat out and get yourself to Keke's or Peach Valley Cafe). Denny's is not a favourite of mine. We ate there loads on our first visits to the US in 2004, 2005 and 2006 but since then every time we've been, I've left disappointed. And I got really bad upset stomach after eating at one in Vegas the night before my 40th, which completely ruined my Birthday. We haven't set foot in one since then.

I can't believe you felt bad about posting off site reviews - I LOVE reading about off site dining, probably more so than onsite. I always like to get ideas of what I might have, or where we might go, on future visits. As it is, I'm taking SquishtheWhale's advice and trying those red velvet pancakes next time we go to IHop.

Sorry that Tiffin's was disappointing. That beef looked so good, it's a shame it didn't live up to expectations. And the Dining Package does sound like a good deal, given the price of many of those entrees.

Looking forward to more...
There's so much choice off-site it's going to take us forever to catch up, I just looked up Peach Valley Cafe and it looks like somewhere we'd love, I'm going to show Nik later Have you been to Teak Neighourhood Grill? That's somewhere I'd really like to try.

I don't usually read offsite reviews (I was afraid they'd tempt me in the past) but I've got lots of research to do for the future!

Thank you for reading!

Originally Posted by Goldia View Post
I have to agree with Nik and your mum I manage chuckled more than a little at the cheesecake swirl dessert!

Dennys looked yummy for breakfast. I'm wondering where else you sneaked off to! I bet you felt really naughty going outside the compound...I mean bubble!
The compound I really did feel naughty, I felt like I was cheating on Disney.

Thank you for reading!

Originally Posted by Eccle View Post
I’d just been looking at the beef picture thinking it looked lovely, what a shame it was such a disappointment! And that you didn’t make it to Rivers of Light either (though not a huge loss as I wasn’t much of a fan of it).

Denny’s looks good too, we have had a couple of breakfasts there though last time I didn’t think the server was great. I might have to go back to IHOP on our next visit too after seeing your food!
We've only seen Rivers of Light once and we just didn't get it, so we weren't too disappointed to have missed it

Definitely do iHOP, next time I'll try something breakfast-y from Denny's as that seemed like their strength.

Thank you for reading!

Originally Posted by SquishTheWhale View Post
Same as others I was looking at the beef picture thinking 'ooh that looks absolutley lush! ' Before I scrolled down and saw your verdict! What a disappointment. The dessert sampler looks yummy though.

My ADR day is Monday and my boss has just scheduled a skype meeting for 11am Monday! Couldn't be any worse timing. I feel like I will be very distracted on that call lol.
I'm stressed on your behalf about ADR day. A few years ago my ADR day coincided with a conference, so I made a 'fake' booking for a 11 night day beginning the day before our arrival day, bringing my ADR day forward a day. I obviously lost my £50 deposit as I cancelled the new booking afterwards, but it was worth it for the peace of mind of having my ADRs. Yes I am crazy.

Thank you for reading!

P.S. A Skype meeting sounds horrific, I thought conference calls were bad but that's a whole new level

Originally Posted by ohana_mama View Post
Getting so many tips thanks for taking the time to share.
Thank you for reading!
collybird is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List