View Single Post
Old 18 Nov 18, 09:02 PM  
Link to this Post
collybird
Imagineer

Originally Posted by gjdjud View Post
Miller's is a great place to go offsite and really reasonable. Totally agree with you about the Zinger Mountain Melt. I don't think I even looked at the menu as I knew before what I was having. Didn't quite live up to the expectations!
We'll definitely be back to Miller's! I'd have the Zingers on their own again but I wouldn't bother with the melt.

Thank you for reading!

Originally Posted by SquishTheWhale View Post
it's really nice to use some of those credits up treating people!

I've also had the zinger mountain melt and was underwhelmed by it. However, that could have been down to the fact it was our arrival night and I'd had a cocktail while waiting for the table (spoiler alert: I am a lightweight). By the time the food came I just wanted to faceplant in it and sleep.

I think I ate about 10% and the rest came home, DH tried to eat some for breakfast but a pile of fries, cheese and chicken was a bit too much even for him at 7am.

By the way... you don't need to justify your spend on extra Disney events! It's your holiday so its your choice how you do it. Plus you couldn't have anticipated feeling sick! Reading that was definitley giving me Kraken at Seaworld flashbacks... ugh 🤢
It was definitely nice to treat them, and I do like to show off how good free dining is.

I don't think I could stomach leftover fries, cheese and chicken for breakfast either Next time I'll get the zingers on their own.

It's not so much that I feel I have to justify the extras, it's the fact that we don't use them to their full value that I'm scared makes me look wasteful

I feel sick just looking at Kraken, how embarrassing I was defeated by Slinky Dog haha.

Thank you for reading!

Originally Posted by Eccle View Post
Flying Fish looks lovely, and a good chance to use up some credits.
Shame you felt bad after SDD, was it anything about the ride itself, or just doing it so much in a short time?

Millers is one of our regular places to visit, on our last trip I think it was the most expensive offsite meal we had! Have you ever been to Chilis?
Definitely just too much spinning in a short time, the bit where Slinky goes over the bumps nearly pushed me over the edge. I've mainly outgrown my motion sickness but sometimes it comes back to haunt me.

We have been to Chillis and we LOVED it. It was such amazing value, I had a combo and I couldn't believe how much food I had, and the fried cheese curds were to die for. We'll definitely be back again, good to know Miller's was on the more expensive side because I thought it was a bargain!

Thank you for reading.

Originally Posted by Goldia View Post
The meal at Flying Fish looks divine, how lovely that you were able to treat your family, it just made it more special that way. Plus your Aunty said it was the best meal she had ever had, well one of them anyway.

Miller's is somewhere that I've seen in a lot of food reports and many dibbers rave about it, I would have ordered the mountain melt if we ever made it there, but now I've read your review. Hmm, it's one that we will get round to sometime!

I don't see that you need to explain how or why you spend your money your way...It's between you and Nik only. Honestly, Colette it's up to you, besides what's perhaps frivolous to one person is an essential to someone else! For example, I don't see the need to spend a lot of money on make up, until very recently I used to buy everything from Avon as it was cheap! So, I don't really get it when I see hauls from Sephora, but they certainly don't need to justify their spending, it's their choice and it's lovely to see people having fun and being happy and that part of it I do get.
Maybe you could all share a Mountain Melt as a starter? I think it was just too much for one person, I'm a bit of a picker and get bored fast.

Ah you are too kind to try and put my mind at ease, I just feel as though we seem to have spent a lot of extra money and not really got the best value out of it. I am quite tightfisted in real life so I am probably projecting my own opinion onto others

Thank you for reading!

Originally Posted by Rescuer View Post
The Flying Fish looks amazing. We haven’t been there in ages but it’s on my list for the summer. It’s been awhile but we liked it loads more than the Yachtsman.

Another offsite meal, they truly are good value compared to disney prices. I like Miller's, we will be back there. I ordered the zingers last time and I always like eating them at the start but get bored with it. I might check our the fajitas next time.

You don’t need to justify how you holiday. I love Florida because there are so many different ways to do it, what’s right for one family might not be right for another. I truly do get fed up feeling I have to justify or apologise for my holiday choices to those who are constantly renovating or buying fancy cars who then question how we spend our money. Life is too short. As long as you can afford it and you are doing what you want it’s nobody else’s business.
I think Flying Fish is a bit of a dark horse, I thought about lots of other places before I settled on there, and I am so happy I did.

Thank you for your kind words, I was just paranoid We live quite frugally throughout the year, and our holiday is our only blowout - hence why I was so frustrated that the plan went so awry.

Thank you for reading!

Originally Posted by GezzasGem View Post
Oo liking the look of that Zingers mountain melt, my kind of dish! 😄 never tried Flying Fish for dinner, but both the wagyu fillet and scallops would be strong contenders for me. Lovely that they could offer that risotto dish for your Nan too 👌
There was so much choice at Miller's, I was dead set on the Zinger Mountain Melt but I only discovered that you can choose different sauces on it when I got there, my mind was blown!

The server was lovely in Flying Fish, very tolerant

Thank you for reading!
collybird is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List