View Single Post
Old 7 Jul 17, 09:27 AM  
Link to this Post
CosmicGirl
Apprentice Imagineer

I can confirm what Sew109 has mentioned. They have economy+ which is not the same as premium economy, you just get more leg room.
I haven't flown with United since 2010 but back then they were constantly asking people if they wanted to pay extra for the leg room both at check-in and at the gate before and during boarding. It wasn't very expensive, maybe €75 to €90?

As it turned out they had more people without the upgrade than seats without the upgrade, so they gave us new boarding passes as we were boarding . I am 6 ft tall and my sister is about 5'10" so we think they put a note in the bookings of tall people at check-in to decide who they were going to upgrade.

On the way back we checked in with a very nice gentleman at MCO (think he was a manager) and he said something along the lines of "you ladies look tall, I'll upgrade you for the flight from Washington to Brussels". So he was able to that in Orlando even! We were very grateful .

Of course this is not something you can count on happening, but you could certainly look into paying the upgrade which shouldn't be too expensive. At 6'4" I can imagine it would be worth it!
CosmicGirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List