View Single Post
Old 22 Nov 17, 11:02 PM  
Link to this Post
Monko
Having Dinner with Goofy

Originally Posted by Mr Tom Morrow View Post
Not having a go at you but if you went through a toll their fees are very clear. It will be a $19.75 admin fee plus the toll. You can't blame them for that.
What did your exit contract say as you left the garage ref fuel?
Did you challenge the garage Guys ref the fuel when you dropped the car off?
Hi Tom.

Agree with you - there was pricing info in the car when we picked it up regarding tolls. I was more annoyed at the SatNav (bought purposely with USA updated maps) for sending us through them. Honestly though, it really was less than half a mile before we came off (ironically to top the fuel up!)

I'll have to check the exit contract again, but can't see anything regarding pre-paid fuel - or otherwise. I know it's no excuse, but it was a late pickup after a missed connection then a late departing connecting flight - we'd been awake about 26hours at the time of pick-up).

We dropped the car off and had no contact with anyone other than a lady who said we're good to go as long as we'd left our keys in the car - we just drove into the AVIS drop-off bays and that was it. I thought as we'd returned with a full tank this would be noted (as per the AVIS website) and no charge made to us.

Edited at 11:04 PM.
Monko is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List