View Single Post
Old 28 Nov 17, 08:13 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Nimbus View Post
Not including the 25% discount earlier this year, the 2017 UK Ultimate ticket prices have steadily been declining in price since April.

The official price of the 2017 14 day ticket was £419 this time last year. It's now £369. That's a drop of £50 (12%).

The current official price of the 14 day ticket goes up by £50 from 2017 to 2018, and by £40 for the 7 day and 21 day tickets.

For the 14 day tickets that's a 13% increase. It's a bit higher than the usual ~9% increase, but not excessively so.

And, as mentioned above, the 2017 tickets started at £419 this time last year - see this post or this thread from November 2016). So the 2018 tickets are starting at a similar price as the 2017 tickets.
Some good analysis there Nimbus. I suspect this points to a discount coming sometime soon, and possibly cheaper prices next year.
Like any business I suspect they'll have aggressive monthly sales targets. I'd ticket sales are dropping, a sale could quickly kick in. December will be a barren time for ticket sales I imagine in the UK.
Only time will tell. I've got a backup of a DVC Platinum pass by January though. Also we will be there for 10 days and buying one of the USA tickets with hopper and waterparks may be a good bet. We are doing BLT 5 nights, off to St Augustine for 4, Animal Kingdom Kidani for 5 so we will only be park going for 8 days. One day we want to go to waterpark so a 7 day hopper us ticket may be cheaper as I understand with each day you get an extra such as a waterpark access or golf.
YorkshireT is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List