View Single Post
Old 28 Nov 17, 09:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Rac20
Imagineer

I don’t have any experience as a parent taking 3 children by myself but I do have experience of being the child. My mum left my Dad with 3 children to raise by himself (similar ages to your children). He took us to Australia for a month long holiday ( not quite the same as Disney World, though we did visit theme parks and water parks) and I remember at that age it being incredibly exciting. I don’t recall missing my mother at all. I’m not saying he found it all easy and plain sailing ( we did nearly miss the plane coming home&#128556 but he can’t have found it too traumatic as he took us back a couple of years later.
If your children want to go then I’d go. As someone else as said it will help cement relationships and provide them with an amazing experience. I feel so lucky that my Dad took me to places when I was little. I love travelling and I’d like to think in part it is down to the opportunities I experienced as a child.
Rac20 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List