View Single Post
Old 16 Feb 19, 08:56 AM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 86
Guidebook Reviews: 24
We strolled on through the Village, listening to the Christmas music playing over the PA system. It was the tree lighting music loop and included our favourite DLP song, ‘Chante, C’est Noel’ which they really need to bring back properly. They do use snippets of it in the shows, but it is such a great song and deserves to be heard in full.

We walked on through Fantasia Gardens, where they were playing Disney park music and we joined enthusiastically in a chorus of ‘There’s a Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow’. This reminded us of Geoff again as it was one of his favourites. Sadly we never got the chance to take him into Salon Mickey with us – not as exclusive as Club 33 maybe, but I think he would have enjoyed it.

We’d decided to keep our luggage with us, and looking at the queue outside the luggage room at the park entrance, we think we made the right decision! There was a huge queue of people dropping off their luggage. Usually we would have used the luggage transfer service at the hotel (even though the price has shot up in recent years, it’s nice to have your cases taken to the station for you!) but there was no need today.

So we knocked on the door of Salon Mickey (getting the usual curious glances from people going through the turnstiles!) and soon we were seated on the lovely comfy sofa enjoying our free coffee and cookies.

Eventually it was time to say goodbye to Salon Mickey and go for a last browse in World of Disney. And since Peter had been so nice buying me the toy soldier plushie, I let him spend most of our remaining Euros on something he had been coveting – a Stitch Christmas hat.

Other parks: Tokyo

Edited at 08:57 AM.
Gill H is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List