View Single Post
Old 25 Jan 20, 01:56 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by donna252 View Post
Payslip has notional pay on first line under payments then H- work travel on second line that’s all it says. They have taken tax off it deduction side shows a much higher PAYE than usual. He does claim mileage but this is done completely separate and gets the money back as a separate payment to his wage.
I’m very confused by it but would love to think it’s ours and not an error we have to pay back 🙈
Are they a small employer? Or a new employer? Has he moved to a different legal entity?

I don’t know if this is what it is, but technically expenses are supposed to be paid via payroll be added onto salary and then tax adjusted so that people are not penalised for expense payments.

However, in reality employers would usually apply for an exemption to this process so that they can keep expense payments totally out of the payroll and tax systems.

I was wondering if this was something like that, but obviously if he has claimed before and never seen this, suggests something must have changed. Is there anything you can think of?

Failing that, he is just going to have to ask.

Edited at 02:01 PM.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List