View Single Post
Old 23 Sep 21, 03:56 PM  
Link to this Post
kk20
Imagineer

Im sat next to a chap in the office who has a tesla S, he has had it for about 2 years. We have all gone to him for advice and information. He gets a real world range of around 200 - 250 out of it and it takes 10 hours to fully charge at home. We have a tesla supercharger about 10 miles from the office which puts half charge in about 30 mins, so 125 miles in 30 mins - that is what he does on a daily basis and tops up at home. He has used green flag once to get him to the supercharger, it was a cold day and the range dropped 30 miles as soon as he started, it dropped further. This has happened a couple of times.

For me, that would be continual range anxiety. I commute 80 miles a day (80% motorway), a 40 mile trip plus shopping trips. We also drop the kids off at various clubs, scouts, cadets. I would just about get 10 hours of charge in 3 days a week and about 7 hours for the others. Or I can pull up to any filling station and get 600 miles after 3 mins with my mondeo. Personally I run cars to the ground, im currently driving a 2015 mondeo, it has plenty of life left in it yet. There simply isnt a market for those sorts of electric cars. Even at 13p per mile (fuel cost) I wouldn't make a saving on buying an electric car.

Cost wise, his servicing is the same price as mine but none of the local garages will touch it.

Now this is in the middle of Cumbria, I wouldnt dream of touching an electric car in a foreign country.

Edited at 04:03 PM.
kk20 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List