View Single Post
Old 24 Sep 21, 11:15 PM  
Link to this Post
DFCH-Andy
DIBB Advertiser
- DIBB Advertiser -

Costs me about £11 to fully charge my iPace. Moving to Octopus who offer electric at 5p per kwh for 4 hours during the night (electric is about 15 / 16p kwh at the moment I think) so will set to charge up during the cheap period.

As the rental companies aren't widely offering EV's, I don't think there would be much of a benefit to UK customers at the moment, but maybe US customers?

I've had quite a few enquiries from customers specifically looking to drive Teslas and other EV's as a way to get an extended test drive and decide if they're going to get one back home, so as EV's come online from the rental companies, I'd say it'll influence customers decisions... They'll feel happier charging at 'home' as opposed to having to sit at a charge point for a little while.

You can get smart chargers that show how much Electric was used during the charge so I'd be happy for that to be taken from the security deposit.

www.discountfloridacarhire.co.uk
DFCH-Andy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List