View Single Post
Old 21 Sep 12, 08:40 AM  
Link to this Post
WileyCoyote
I am not a shopaholic

A quick re –stock from the hotel shop and then we are off , it is indeed busy and we truly count our blessings as we watch a near miss in front of us – its like one of those things that you see in slow motion but in reality it took seconds. We were one lane over from the left hand barrier with a black BMW X5 just ahead of us when a gold truck swerved across 3 lanes and almost pushed the -BMW into the concrete wall – how the driver of the BMW didn’t crash and then hit us I don’t know . The truck driver either fell asleep or was just nuts. We cant believe what just happened and as its 6 lanes of fast and mad traffic, no one stops, we all just carry on – clearly no-ones number was up that day but it gave us the heebie jeebies and we had a very quiet journey from there on . And the truck driver , he just passed us, lighting a ciggie and carried on …….

We arrive without further incident in Anaheim. The hotel is pretty basic which we had expected but the room is fine – we are not expecting to be in it that much. It has a fridge and microwave

and internet so what more can you need. We do a bit of unpacking but don’t rest too long as we know that can be fatal.

We set off to the parks. I really wanted to see Fantasmic and back home in the UK had announced I was booking the dessert package so I could sit and watch it by myself in peace as no-one else was bothered – thus leaving them free to do whatever. But just as I went to book, cries of protest and no, we will all do it, dissuade me. Im not paying $55 each for 5 of us to have a seat and box of cookies ( a luxury for just me , I can handle but not $300) so I don’t book and we will take our chances to find a seat. I will regret this later. And having seen Tink Tattoos trippy, I do totally regret not sticking to the original plan

The boys clamour for McDonalds and it seems to make sense to us , we are a bit peckish but not hugely so this will be fine

We then head into Disneyland. OMG, its packed and its now dark and its really hard to navigate a pitch black park that you don’t know your way round and which is rammed solid.

Excited about going in here soon

We head to Indiana jones but its 60 minutes on Standby and Fast Passes are for 11pm. Despondent we head off and hear that BTMRR is a walk on, having just re-opened from a breakdown. So we join the queue and then hit a wait ( not quite fixed then)- we wait about 20 minutes and the fireworks just start as we board – I haven’t been on it before and I really enjoy it , what with the fireworks and all.

Its time to stake out a spot for the second Fantasmic show now – I had hoped for a spot near the waterfront but Andy is really quite grumpy by now and the boys are fed up – why they didn’t just go back to the hotel is beyond me so we end up sitting, which is a bonus, at the Stage Door so we get some drinks and settle in. But really its not a great spot , its to the side so when the main projection starts you cant really get the full effect. You do get to see the boats go past though. I enjoy it but no-one else does and at the risk of a full blown row I really don’t bother with the “I told you so” – I’m just naffed off that I am left feeling bad for “making” everyone sit here when A] I didn’t want them there in the first place and B] they could very easily have either done some rides or gone back to the hotel – its only a 10 minute walk. But that’s a discussion for tomorrow when we are a bit cheerier and not likely to take each others heads off .

It does take the edge off the evening but late grumps aside, this has been a really good day. We have a lie in tomorrow and no park plans so hopefully that will get us back on track and banish the devil horns that appear to have sprouted !

Edited at 08:42 AM.
WileyCoyote is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List