View Single Post
Old 12 Aug 19, 08:38 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Squidgyness View Post
As a genuine question, how is an air freshener any different to smellies you will never use? For years, I got smellies I couldn't use due to a skin condition, more lynx than I could shake a stick at it used to pile up in the bathroom. Yet somehow air freshener is a crazy idea. Honestly, I'd have been more intrigued by one of those as opposed to another blooming gift set of shampoo/shower gel.

I'll be honest, I'm glad we don't do presents anymore, just give alcohol at christmas to the chef that's about it. I hated getting things that I had no use for, so something that could be practical was an adequate (if uninspired) gift.

Not doing presents solves a lot of problems. Still do cards though, just as a symbol I suppose.
I would agree that in your situation it was thoughtless of your family to buy you things that they know you could not use. That would not have been something I would ever have done because I *think* about what to buy and how the receiver might feel.

I don't generally give or receive presents very often either, I am not interested in presents. But when I do get a present for somebody, I will put a great deal of thought into it, I will think "how will they feel when they open this air freshener" for example. I would want my gift receiver to feel happy upon opening my gift and I try very hard.

For the majority of people without special skin conditions, receiving some bubble bath is not terribly exciting but it is an ok gift and it is not the same as receiving an ambi pur air freshener.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List