View Single Post
Old 7 Dec 16, 11:28 PM  
Link to this Post
nanasamboy
slightly serious Dibber

Halloween, Haunted Mansion Holiday and Happy Birthday! - day 5, Disney's California Adventure

Halloween, Haunted Mansion Holiday and Happy Birthday! - day 4 Disneyland & Mickey's Halloween Party

Almost done! I took a lot of pictures this day! I didn't realise quite how many until it took me about 5 hours to get them all from photobucket into my text document!

Ok so I took absolutely no notes this day, so I’m piecing together what happened from the photos. Luckily I took hundreds!

I managed to sleep a decent amount of time and woke up somewhere around 6.30 am. I’d set an alarm for 7 am anyway, as we’d arranged with my mum to Facetime Alice. I woke G up just before 7 and we called my mum. Alice was excited to see us I thought she may have gotten upset, but she was fine. She hadn’t seen us for days and she wasn’t bothered haha! We had a brief chat to ask what she’d been up to, then she got bored of us (rude!) so we said our goodbyes. We then both went and got ready for a day at California Adventure.

Behind Space Mountain

I’d booked the Surfs Up! breakfast at the PCH Grill in the Paradise Pier hotel for 8 am, so we had to get a wriggle on. Once we were ready and left, we headed towards Downtown Disney as we knew the Disney hotels were nearby. We tried to follow signs for the Disney hotels, but got a bit lost. For some reason, all the signs for Paradise Pier seemed to take us nowhere near the hotel. Eventually we found it though and checked in, just before 8 am.

How amazing is this tv room!?

We were taken to see Mickey on the way in and took a few photos with the big cheese

We were sat in the corner of the restaurant and our server told us about the buffet. He arranged to send the chef out to see me to see what food options I had. Minnie came right over to see us. Look at her little playsuit!

The chef came out and told me what was ok on the buffet and asked if I wanted some waffles. I said yes please and went up to get some food.

Not bad! The breakfast potatoes were really good

Stitch came along next and made a big fuss of me because of my birthday badge My server came out with a cupcake and a candle, flanked by 2 other servers who clapped and sang to me. Stitch did a little dance and it was adorable G had put the camera down, so I shot him a look that said “why aren’t you taking pictures of this?!” and he resumed the photographer role haha!

I asked the server for peanut butter and this is the ridiculous amount he brought me

Pluto came along next and we grabbed some more photos. We’d finished breakfast and were full as eggs. As G was taking my photo with Pluto, Daisy crept up behind

Once we’d settled the bill, I grabbed my cupcake to go and we had a little look in the Paradise Pier Hotel shop. I bought a super cute Steamboat Willy Mickey pin, although I could have bought loads more as it was a really nice shop. Being the loser I am, I wanted my picture taken with the surfing Goofy statue. So we headed out via Goofy. A family were nearby saying their goodbyes, so I had to loiter until they were done before taking a picture. They eventually noticed me and moved, apologising. I told them not to worry, that their goodbyes were more important. I genuinely didn’t mind, as it looked like they’d had a wonderful big family holiday and wouldn’t see each other again for a long time. So I got my cheesy photo and we walked back through Downtown Disney, towards California Adventure.

I carried the cupcake, but G told me to throw it away. He said he was too full and he wasn’t going to eat it. I didn’t want to throw it away, so said I’d look out for someone with a birthday badge and give it to them. He told me that was weird, but I didn’t care. I spotted a woman with two kids and one had a birthday badge, so I sidled up and offered the cake, telling them I couldn’t eat it. The kid was pleased and I wished them happy birthday G looked at them the whole time with a look of “sorry about her. I know... she’s so weird. Please throw it away.”

Once we were in through the gates, we headed straight to Paradise Pier so we could ride California Screamin’ before the park got too busy. We grabbed some fastpasses for Radiator Springs Racers as we walked past Cars Land.

*heart eyes*

Mickey’s Death Wheel™

nanasamboy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List