View Single Post
Old 14 Jun 19, 08:00 PM  
Link to this Post
OLS
Imagineer

Sky Internet - recognise password in one room but not another!

A really really odd thing has happened and I can't figure it out (Sky is in DH's account and he's out for the next few hours so I can't ring them yet and I think the broadband people will be closed by the time he is home!)

Anyway, internet kept dropping out in the playroom for my son (room only across from the main room where the internet was fine) he said it kept asking for the wireless password on his phone and saying it was incorrect and his Xbox wouldn't connect at all - we have long standing issues with the connectivity so I thought it was that. I did the usual speed test, followed the instruction, unplugged router etc and finally re-set it. It's all connected back up and if we are sat in the front room where the main router is, we can select the network and enter the password and it works, go in to the playroom and the xbox says it's the incorrect password, the phones drop off the network and say incorrect password and then if you walk back in the front room the password works again!

What is going on?

Set up is Sky Q Router & Main box in living room, then in the hall (which separates the living room and playroom) there is a booster (as the new sky q wifi signal wouldn't get get across even though the old one was fine) and then in the playroom on the shelf above the xbox is a sky Q mini - I was under the impression the sky q mini should boost the signal as well but it doesn't seem to! Anyway that's by the by... I have reset the booster box as well just incase and re-connected that to the router (via the wps button) and so the "connected" green light is on, on both the router and the booster.

I have just sent DD upstairs to check her iPad and she is online upstairs, so I came in the dining room and I stay connected, it is if I am stood anywhere near the booster (i.e in the hall) or the playroom that it doesn't seem to recognise the password... what the heck is going on? Anyone any ideas before my poor DS looses his mind (one of the only nights he has had his friend come round to play on the xbox with him and they are having to just mess about in offline mode )
OLS is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List