View Single Post
Old 23 Aug 19, 09:07 AM  
Link to this Post
buryboy
Imagineer

Well I think a little update is in order 😀

We’ve had two holidays since my last proper update on here - to France and DLP with just me and the kids in late June and then we have just returned ( all 4 of us) from Salou including Port Aventura - the Salou trip was particularly poignant as DD missed out on our last trip to Salou 3 years ago when she was in hospital

I have done two little reports -non-Florida ones don’t get the same traffic , so if you are interested the links are here

DLP and France - https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho... php?t=1135325

Salou - https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho... php?t=1142640

We all really enjoyed both trips, and are hoping to repeat the France trip next year all 4 of us
I think what was obvious comparing the two is just how strong DW is with DD in making her keep as best she can to her eating plan . The France trip DD definitely took advantage of me and DS to limit her food intake . She couldn’t get away quite so much in Salou
Even then in Salou it’s clear just how much she will try to have as little she can get away with, even though she realises it’s still holding her ‘ life progression ‘ back

As I say in the Salou report , it’s the first time we have done half board since the disorder struck and DD repeatedly came back from the buffet with less than she was requested to get . But DW was very firm in making her return with more

Away from the hols, DD job still going well, she now has more contracted hours but some are 7am starts which aren’t great as not only does she need to be transported there , she still won’t do her win breakfast , so someone has to get up early to make it , and make sure she has it

She is looking forward more in life though . She has applied for a provisional driving licence - not quite sure with her condition as to if it will get immediately approved but we will go through the proper channels / doctor submissions etc .

Her bravery / confidence is rising all the time - going on the zip wire in France and all the rides in Salou in particular shows that side of her is coming in leaps and bounds

DS anxiety still lingers , but he did well in his GCSEs and is off today to sign up for his college place. He again needs to build up his self confidence as he needs to learn that it really is his responsibility to do the work levels required

I just desperately hope the Bury FC situation gets resolved positively as that’s mine and DS’s escapes time

Thanks a lot as usual for taking the time to read and think about us
Our MOST ANNOYING trip to Tenerife February 2018 ( an homage to infamous dibb threads

Edited at 09:09 AM.
buryboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List