Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by bighal View Post
Anyone who chased me to get me to increase their tip would result in myself going back and demanding my tip back and compensation from the employee/restaurant. I certainly would be taking it up with management at the time as well explaining why.
If I had the balls, I'd also be pointing out that what they did was in direct contravention of the Revenue Ruling 2012-18 that states that a tip must be made free from any compulsion, that the customer must have the unrestricted right to determine the amount, and that the amount paid should not be the subject of negotiation or dictated by employer policy. And then state that I'd be reporting them to the IRS.

I have no idea how to report them to the IRS and I doubt I'd actually say the above. But it's easy to say these things on the internet.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List