View Single Post
Old 25 Apr 19, 04:47 PM  
Link to this Post
MinniMouse
VIP Dibber

MinniMouse's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
I’m just back from a 4 night break. Loved IOM. Such a lovely place. Everyone we encountered, and I mean everyone was so friendly. From hotel staff, to waiting staff, bar staff, shop staff, on all trips we did and even people on the streets! We were told crime rate is low. They only pay 10 or 20% tax. A lot of companies registered on IOM including my brothers company (he works for an oil company in Aberdeen) so must be good incentive to be based here. Is there not something that if you want to live/work in the IOM you have to have a job/skill and a certain amount of money in the bank? I could be wrong. They have their own currency too but accepted our Scottish notes. On our 4 night trip we did a pub crawl, electric train to the town at the top (sorry can’t remember the name), pie and mash train, buses and also did a motor trike tour on the TT track which was great fun. Some beautiful houses on the IOM. I can see why you’d consider moving there. Interesting skalealexander about homelessness. We commented at the time as we didn’t see any beggars or homeless people. I had a look on the IOM gov website and there’s a list of jobs on there too.
MinniMouse is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List