View Single Post
Old 30 Nov 20, 10:30 AM  
Link to this Post
PoohBears#1fan
Imagineer

1. Do you see any benefit in splitting between two home resorts in order to secure 11 month bookings with view to split stays ?
We would most likely be looking at 1 or 2 bed villas so would availability be better at the 7 month mark anyway if we do not need studios ?

1. IMO it's all about where you want to stay, until this year we've always booked 1 beds (owned BCV since 2002 & CCV since 2018) and I've never had any issues getting what we want, we've stayed at all the DVC resorts aside from Riviera and GF. I wouldn't attempt to predict future availability as we've certainly learned this year that things aren't always predictable, but studios do still seem to be the accommodation that's snapped up at 11 months.

If split stays is your thing, then yes, owning at 2 different resorts is a great way of securing that at 11 months, but as I said, we've had many split stays over the years when only owning at BCV and have always got what we wanted.

2. Any particular recommendations for home resorts ? ( not interested in the coastal resorts)
Is there any real benefit in going for higher priced resort but getting less points apart from the 11 month booking window ?

2. Buy where you want to stay is the ultimate advice, it's the advice I had when doing my research in 2002 and I still stand by it today, yes most of the time you can get other resorts at 7 months, but there's never a guarantee so knowing you can secure the resort you want to stay at gives you peace of mind.

From a renting POV, yes, if you ever need or want to rent your points out, then owning at a more sought after resort will pay off. I didn't buy with the intention of renting my points out, but then my marriage broke down so I did rent some points, being BCV points they've always been snapped up.

3. Any other advice gratefully received even if it is "don't do it"

3. I've never regretted owning BCV, we've had 18 years of amazing holidays from it, easily rented the points if we've ever not wanted to use them, gifted nights as wedding presents, let friends & family use them, it's been invaluable for us, so no 'don't do it' from me, just make sure you fully understand what you're buying so there are no surprises down the line.

Good luck and enjoy

Wild Africa Trek photo report

PoohBears#1fan is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List