Old 18 Sep 20, 10:31 PM  
Link to this Post
walt4it
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 8
Originally Posted by disneywiseowl View Post
It might have been a rainy day but you lot certainly made the best of it. 👍

Never been to a major league game but we did go to a minor league game once, when we were staying in Siesta Key. Bradenton Marauders. It was so much fun! Dirt cheap. Family friendly. Kids playing games for prizes at half time. Stewards dancing in the aisles. Our steward explained some of the rules when he realised we were newbies. Lol.
They were all very excited about one young man (pitcher) who was destined for the majors. I couldn’t believe the speed they threw & caught those balls. Oh, & I caught a ball that was thrown out to the crowd. I gave it to a little boy sat behind me & you’d have thought it was the latest Fortnite toy - he was so excited. 🙂

Hope your next day was sunnier?

The minor league and indeed the Tampa Bay Rays experience is such a fantastic thing to see - possibly one many in the UK don't think about as they don't understand the game, no need to feel that way as someone will always help and will always guide you once they know you are from the UK
Getting a ball from the ball game is a huge thing for Americans attending, any wonder you made the little boys day

Day 25 coming soon, hopefully with added sunshine!

Thanks for reading and hope you enjoy the ending too

Going out in a Blaze of Glory- Our Summer of Sorcery 2019 - COMPLETE! 4 Weeks, from The Yacht Club for 10 nights onto much more Florida fun too

All of our previous Trip reports and escapades can be read here.
walt4it is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List