View Single Post
Old 21 Sep 20, 04:18 PM  
Link to this Post
marktaylor84
Earning My Ears

Virgin Holidays - Hotel only booking (Jan 2021)

Hi All,

I did do a quick search but couldn't see another post like this but please direct me if I missed it.

So I have a booking with Virgin Holidays for 2nd Jan 2021 and the final payment is due on Oct 10th. My flights are with Virgin Atlantic but have been booked directly with them.

At the moment everything is due to go ahead, but I am trying to find out what will happen if the flights are cancelled by Virgin Atlantic closer to the time.

I have contacted via text (phone lines are crazy) virgin holidays who have said that if I cancel the hotel now I will lose what I have already paid and if I cancel closer to the time they will take a percentage off depending on how close it is and looking at the notice Virgin atlantic are giving at the moment I would lose 70%+.

Do I have any options here? I have so far paid £1000~ and have left to pay £700. If the flights are cancelled is that really classed as me canceling the holiday?

Has anyone else been in this situation?

Thanks
marktaylor84 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List