View Single Post
Old 1 Aug 20, 10:28 AM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Originally Posted by mikeclark007 View Post
So the wife has decided she wants to go next weekend! 3 of us in an on-site glamping pod and 2-day passes for £264. I’m still not convinced - haven’t committed to actually booking yet...

I see there is no availability at the roller coaster restaurant. Reckon they do walk-ins for those prepared to wait?

Will I also still have to use the main entrance or can I head to that other one even though we won’t have checked in?
Rollercoaster restaurant only allows lunch time walk in’s ,I think .
I booked before the lockdown and had to email them to confirm we were hotel guests as they were only allowing hotel guests in for dinner .
The email is RCR@alton-towers.com if you want to check with them .
Capacity in there is massively reduced which is good but means less booking slots obviously and if I’m honest the food was below par this time but we have eaten there loads so we could compare .
If you have never been then it’s good for the experience.
When you go into your designated parking (If staying onsite ) they’ll take your temp in your car and give you a wrist band so you don’t need it checked again when you go to the park .
You can check in any time but if before 3 then you just leave your bags in the boot .
The entrance near galactica is open 9:30-11:30 and you can just show your hotel reservation but the temp band is proof anyway as day guests don’t get them but if you leave the park before ride close then you have to use main entrance , otherwise it reopens for exit at park closing time .
HTH
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List