View Single Post
Old 29 Sep 16, 10:58 PM  
Link to this Post
firsttimemouse
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by colliegirlsal View Post
Hi everyone.

I'm posting as I spent many an anxious dibbing session looking through this thread, worrying about rides etc. Also, sadly the stress impacted slightly on the pre excitement of our holiday - never again am I going through that! So... decided to post some horribly honest facts about my size to ease anyone else worried out there.

I'm a size 20/22/24 depending on what shop I go to. For a more accurate idea, we are talking a 50" bust measurement and similar hip

We went to Universal, SeaWorld and Busch Gardens. Rides as follows -

Universal - Rip Ride Rocket - larger seat
Hulk - larger seat although that's where I just ended up
The Mummy - normal seat fine
Gringotts - normal seat fine
Dr Doom's Fearfall - normal seat fine
Forbidden Journey - normal seat fine
Dragons - normal seat fine (bit tight on the chest though!)
Men In Black, Simpson, Minions, Jurassic Park,
Dr Seuss and anything else etc all fine

SeaWorld - Manta - normal seat fine
Kraken - normal seat fine (bit tight on the chest though!)
Mako - normal seat fine
Antlantis, Antartica etc - all fine

Busch Gardens - Cheetah - normal seat fine
Cobra's Curse - normal seat fine
Montu - normal seat fine
Sheikra - normal seat fine
Kumba - normal seat fine
Congo, Stanley falls etc all fine

I'm hoping that helps anyone else also worried and gives them a good idea on how things are. I will say that no one bats an eye if you use the test seat and when I've been previously to Disney I find their rides a bit more forgiving, but then they are also not quite as extreme as some of these. The ride attendants are great and I saw more than one person getting an extra push on a harness by them to get them on a ride. I guess they see it all the time and it's no big issue to them.

We flew American Airlines and the lap belt did up no problem at all - yet another thing I worried about!

I hope this helps ease anyones mind who's worried about it - now relax, look forward to your holiday and most importantly have a great time
Thanks for posting this, really helpful.
firsttimemouse is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List