View Single Post
Old 25 Nov 18, 11:44 PM  
Link to this Post
caitlinsmummy
Imagineer

Travel Day ~ Travelodge Breakfast, Plane Food and POR Foodcourt ~ 27th Oct 18

Travel Day ~ Travelodge Altrincham Breakfast, Plane Food, POR Foodcourt - 27th Oct 18

The plan for this morning was the head to McDonalds and eat there before heading to the airport. The Travelodge had breakfast for £8.50 per adult with up to 2 children free per person. This would work out as a similar price to McDonald's so we decided to eat here instead.

Photos were sparse we do get better!

We paid the woman behind the counter, £17 for a family of 5's breakfast was awesome!

Next up was the plane food.

We got given a mini bag of pretzels about 30 minutes into the flight, along with a drink. I opted for Rose wine to be informed they only did white or red! I opted for white and a diet coke. Noah opted for water as he doesn't really drink fizzy pop.

Mr Grump opted for Vodka and coke

I have no idea what time the food came round but I imagine a couple of hours or so after we took off. There was a mix up with the kid's meals and for some reason even though we requested it, they didn't have a kid's meal for Caitlin. In a way it didn't really matter as we knew the kid's wouldn't eat them anyway! 🙄 They put together a kid's meal but with an adults pasta instead for her

Next up was the adults meals. This was the menu from the flight.

I opted for:

Creamy Tomato and Mozzarella Rigatoni Bake

It was nice enough, I didn't try the pasta salad as I don't like pesto but I do think it's a little strange having a pasta salad with pasta maybe it's just me? The GU Passionfruit cheesecake was lovely, not so much cheesecakey as a mousse?

Chris opted for:

Toulouse Sausages and Cherry Tomatoes

He said this was ok for plane food. That's about as much as you'll get off Chris for a food review

A couple of hours later they came round with the obligatory twister lolly, I'm still sulking they've replaced the fab lolly!

Nothing much to say about it apart from it's a twister lolly I'd have much preferred the fab!

Sandwiches were brought round. The kid's point blank refused, Chris ate his and I couldn't face mine, I just didn't feel hungry.

Chris said he really enjoyed them, I did offer him mine but he said no.

We landed and got the ME to POR, headed to our room then I left Mr Grump unpacking whilst I went to the food court to get our refillable mugs and a snack.

I opted for the nuggets and fries, I forgot to swap out the drink for a snack but the lovely CM let me go choose, as I didn't want to hold the queue up I rushed and grabbed the first thing I saw which was a twix!

I really enjoyed these, the chicken was tender but the coating was crispy and the fries were nice too, not too salty. I don't know if I really enjoyed them because I was so hungry or because I was so excited to try the infamous Disney nuggets either way we did enjoy them ... the twix got left for about 4 days before it was eaten

Snacks: 0 USED - 140 LEFT
QS Credits:1 USED- 69 LEFT
TS Credits: 0 USED - 70 LEFT

Edited at 12:14 AM.
caitlinsmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List