View Single Post
Old 14 Apr 19, 01:10 AM  
Link to this Post
Michyloulou
VIP Dibber

The Marsh‘s Marvellous Mousecation- Day 6 - Friday 12th April

We woke at 7am, so with our lot we were never going to make it to the parks and use the extra hour (especially as my lot need feeding & watering before anything else!). We had made (another) rookie error in forgetting to bring enough water bottles for today, and breakfast items.
So, after dropping our bags in the lobby & catching the water taxi, we had a mixture of Starbucks, Cinnabons & items from Crescent Moon Bakery. I had intended to just have a croissant, but when I saw those lovely Cinnabon's, I just couldn't resist! Unfortunately my pics seem not to be on my phone, I don't know why (they're not in recently deleted either), so I only have the Cinnabon sign, but take my word, they're gorgeous (and huge!).
After breakfast it was straight to IOA. DS & 2 eldest DDs went on Ripsaw Falls. I don't mind getting wet, but not first thing. I was supposed to go on with youngest DD but she backed out at the last minute, so I had to take her out! That's my excuse & I'm sticking to it!
Again, my photos seem to have gone (luckily I have some on my ‘proper' camera but no way of transferring them at the moment.
Next up was JP River Adventure which we all enjoyed (didn't get too wet). I sat next to an American guy who told me all about the ride being recently upgraded & told me what a fun ride it is - I have to agree- especially the ending!
All the kids wanted to go on Pteranodon Flyers, but didn't realise you need 1 person above a certain height & 1 under. Youngest was excited by this so I took her on - no FOLP available so we queued (we're told it was 30min at entrance, but took 45 - and the ride is over so quickly- a mere 80 seconds). Whilst we were on this, DH took the others on King Kong - they were waiting for us after we'd finished as our queue took so long!
Next we went to WWOHP where we all went on Flight of Hippogriff & then took Hogwarts Express to Diagon Alley. I have to say, me, DH & kids are not huge Harry Potter fans (DS was at one point), but none of them seemed bothered about going on the ride in Hogsmeade, so I was out-voted in favour of lunch.
After lunch we went on the Simpsons ride, Alien saucers, Shrek 4D & finally Minions again.
All in all a good day, and feel that we got our money's worth out of FOLP - I'd definitely do this again.
Forgot to mention earlier but the brave ones (eldest DS & DD) also both did RRR & Dr Dooms Fear Fall tower which they both loved - adrenaline junkies!
A few of the photos that are still on my phone!

After this (about 5pm, before the 6pm closing tonight- apparently because it’s ‘High School Seniors Trip night’), we collected our cases, said goodbye to RPR, and headed back to the villa for a swim (and a beer/spritzer!) + a Dominos (too tired to cook!).

A final word(s) today from DH (Chris) - can you tell them how expensive it is here (yes dear, they know!). 😂
Also his favourite phrase at the moment “are there any English people left in the UK?” (Have to admit every other person we pass seems to be English!).😆
I’m slowly turning him into a Dibber - every time we need to know something, he asks if I need to “Dibb!”. 😊

Edited at 03:09 AM. Reason: Additional text
Michyloulou is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List