Thread: Smoking @ DLP
View Single Post
Old 12 Oct 09, 09:49 PM  
Link to this Post
baldybouncer
slightly serious Dibber

Smoking @ DLP

Just wanted to post this to anyone thinking about wasting their money travelling to DLP.

We spent 7 days 6 nights at the davy crocket ranch the last week in September.

The cabin stank of smoke even though we told them we would not accept a smoked in cabin - they refused to move us and just left the windows open ...

While the windows where open all you could smell and breathe was smoke from the other cabins...

While in the parks we had to try and dodge the hot ends of these cigarettes let alone not breathing the digusting smoke...

There is 2 reasons why we will never return to DLP:

As I have said the smoke. The french and spanish dont breathe air they just chain smoke...to a point that I lost my temper with some of them and told them what I thought of them poisoning the air that my family and myself where breathing...Because of Disneys lack of enforcing the no smoking in the the park and only in smoking areas I will only be doing disney properly this time

Secondly - Pushing in...The spanish where the worst for this... While waiting for a parade we would find a decent spot early enough to be at the front - however the spanish think they can just push their spawn infront of you and yours - this time my partner told the parents of these brats where to get off...the last time when a 9 year old pushed infront of my 1 year old in her pram and made her cry because she couldnt see the characters!...

This is nothing compared to the pushing and shoving when a character arrives - the only way your going to get your kids picture taken is by pushing back at the idiots that have no concept of waiting...I have lost count of how many pictures where ruined by peoples arms etc being pushed into the frame...

So to be honest my family and myself feel cheated due to the fact the week was mostly spent fighting and coughing...

So Disney if you read this - sort out the Smoking and BAN IT and make people que for characters as fighting to get your picture taken is not fun...

Roll on Florida next year ! DLP never again