Old 10 Apr 21, 06:03 PM  
Link to this Post
mitch84
Imagineer

mitch84's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 8
Originally Posted by pretty_lucky View Post
I came to this thread to see if Pasta Evangelist had been mentioned as we’ve just discovered them.

So far, we’ve had the lobster, crab tortellini; mafalde with beef shin and Barolo ragu; fettuccine with spicy ‘Nduja sausage with lemon and marscapone; and Nonna Carmela’s tiramisu.

The portion sizes are fantastic and, as I’m counting calories, I’ve been splitting some between lunch and dinner if they aren’t to be shared with the rest of the family (too expensive to waste on them if they don’t enjoy them as much as I do!)

I’ve ordered the Nduja sausage one again as the OH declared this possibly the nicest pasta dish he’d ever tasted. It is comparable to eating at a very good Italian restaurant (though it has been a long while since we’ve lived near one of those). I’ve also ordered the lobster tortellini again. I discovered the company when trawling the ‘net (pun intended) for lobster dishes for my birthday last month and saw these tortellini at Waitrose. I couldn’t get a slot in time for my birthday but I didn’t let that put me off. I haven’t had one that I wouldn’t order again yet. I may not be able to afford the 2021 Floriday at this rate (should I be hoping we’re not allowed in still so I can enjoy more 5 minute pasta dishes?)

The tiramisu is to die for. Nuff said.
Unfortunately the portion sizes just don’t cover us. If I get one single portion, and one double, and buy some bread or garlic bread then it covers us, but DH is looking for more. It’s just too expensive due to that
It’s nice, we’ve had it twice. But just too small
I love salty food so that suited me down to the ground, and they come well packaged, but I ordered a macaroni cheese for 1, wouldn’t cover lunch