View Single Post
Old 1 Sep 21, 05:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Colette-S
Bon viveur and shopaholic

Colette-S's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by wanye View Post
its not pulled pork, its pulled beef shorrib, but i thoroughly recommend it!

they can be cooked in a large deep baking pan, covered in foil. a nice big old pork butt would work similarly well. a large dutch oven works too, but trays let you get more then 4 shortribs in per batch!

a ragu base of tomatoes, dried (and rehydrated) mushrooms, anchovies, onion, garlic, etc are made in a pan, and the poured into the bottom of the oven dish, and the shortribs/butt placed on top)

in the case of the shorribs, they are then cooked covered in foil for 1hr, then turn them bone side down so the meat chunks are submerged, and then uncovered for 60-75 mins

pull all the meat off the bone and shred, then pour the sauce back onto the meat and combine. leave to combine and then portion off, or reheat and serve.

heres the recipe. they used boneless shortribs, but i use bone-in, but it could easily be adapted to pork butt too. you could add different flavourings too to make it more bbq/cajun/italian/spicy/whatever, but i urge you to keep the anchovies in, they really make a difference to the finished flavour, and unless you see them going in the pot, you would never know they were there!

(i hate anchovies normally, but this recipe changed my mind)

That looks gorgeous Wanye
Colette-S is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List