View Single Post
Old 16 Sep 08, 09:31 PM  
Link to this Post
ariel2006
Imagineer

ariel2006's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1

We got on quite quickly and the ride was so good, it was so fast and powerful although a little bumpy. We rode again straight away and then headed to the Lumberjacks and had another go on that which was fun again.

We then went to the Mystery Mine but it was closed again and the ride attendant told us it was due to open at 12pm. We walked past the River Battle, Sophie and Nick had fun soaking people, it was like having 2 children with us.

We rode the Tennessee Tornado again which was great and then the Blazing Fury as Mum had loved it. The queue wasn’t that long but it took ages to load so we waited about 25 minutes. We did notice they took a lot longer to load the rides here, they are so much more laid back than at other theme parks. It was now nearly 12pm so we headed back to Mystery Mine but a man told us they didn’t know when or if it was going to open. We decided to walk to Miss Lillian’s Chicken House for lunch and stopped en-route to look at the reproduction of the cabin Dolly was raised in. It was tiny with 2 tiny rooms, only 1 bed and very little space, and she had 10 brothers and sisters there too.

We then went to Miss Lillian’s Chicken House. As you enter the restaurant you get a tray, at first there is a small salad bar and then there is the mains which was southern fried chicken, southern fried steak, pulled ham, corn, mash and peppered gravy. There was then apple pie, chocolate cake or custard for dessert but we decided to go back for that. We paid and were given cups for the drinks (soft drinks and coffee) and could go back to get more when we wanted. We sat outside which was also the seating for Miss Lillian’s bbq takeaway, the tables had blue and white checked table cloths and chicken wire instead of walls, it was cool.

The food was good, especially the steak, but we didn’t get to see Miss Lillian as we had hoped so there wasn’t as much atmosphere as we expected. Half way through though a country music show started on the stage just across which was quite good. For dessert I got the apple pie which was so good, the others had the same too.

Adventures of An Ex Cast-Member & Disney Virgin ~ Pre-trippie ;April-May 2008 ~ Villa, RPR, CSR (Trip Report); July/August 2006 ~ Port Orleans, Animal Kingdom Lodge and Miami; January 2005 ~ All Star Movies; July 1998 - I-Drive and Fort Lauderdale - 2 weeks; Trippies; Our Spooky DLP Celebration ~ Halloween 2008; Cowboys, Chicken and Country Music ~ Tennessee Adventure 2008
ariel2006 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List