View Single Post
Old 10 May 21, 07:18 PM  
Link to this Post
katebush95
VIP Dibber

Walt Disney history

I’ve not been doing any real planning for the holiday as such, but I’m finding myself getting much more interested in Walt Disney and the history of the parks. I’ve started listing to a podcast called connecting with Walt (starting at episode 1 from 2015) which so far has talked about Walt and his brother Roy and how Disneyland came about and then how it took years for them to find some land in Florida to start building WDW. I’ve also bought a book that was recommended to give a good introduction to the life of Walt:

I’m going to start reading it at the weekend when I’ve caught up with the last episodes of Line of Duty 😆 If anyone can recommend any other good books on the history of the parks and the rides/shows that would be fab 👍 I think there is a new show coming onto Disney Plus about this soon so I’ll look out for that.

Although we don’t know as yet how the parks will be operating when we go i.e. fast passes, park reservations, it’s hard not to be impatient as at the moment I believe you can reserve your park days if you have paid for your tickets in full? Not sure if this would cover up to November 2022? We’ve paid our deposit with Virgin Holidays but weren’t intending to pay the rest until the balance is due in August 2022. So does this mean we can’t reserve our park days until then? Will this be too late to get what we want? We’ve never been in November before so not sure how busy it will be compared to Easter and June when we’ve been previously? 2022 could be extra busy anyway I suppose with all the 2020/21 disruption. We might actually consider doing a night at a Disney hotel (depending on prices) if that will get us a couple of days of early entry, early fast pass booking etc if they are back? Would this be worthwhile? We’re already planning a couple of nights at a Universal hotel to get all the benefits that come with that 😆

Golf
The boys are all keen to play some rounds when we go so hopefully Highlands Reserve where we’re staying will be a decent course. Are there any others they should try for? Also got to decide whether it’s worth taking their own clubs or hiring some over there.

Restaurant sign ups: I’m going to sign up for loads just before we go to get some money off vouchers so I was having a quick look and some of them say this website can’t be accessed from your location. Not sure why this is? Do you have to have a US IP address? I’m sad that Sweet Tomatoes has closed as we loved it when we went previously, but I’m sure they’ll be loads of other good ones.

Better go now and finish watching LoD so bye for now 👋

Glenbrook Villa April 2009
Highgrove Villa July 2011
New York New York April 2017

Back to the magic take two! November 2022 Pre-Trip report
katebush95 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List